Positive news about Corona Virus Updates

I am doing. Never loved my dog so much as late (technically by daughters dog). Walks with her are utter joyful bliss.
Interspersed with doing stuff to take ones mind off it all. Think we’re missing that voices that tells us it’s going to be ok. We are that voice...a collective. Hard times have changed me for the better in the past so let’s hope the same happens here. More empathy & compassion.

A massive effort is under way to develop a UK vaccine for coronavirus within months and make it available to save lives before the end of the year, the Guardian has learned.

Researchers at Oxford University, led by Prof Sarah Gilbert, are planning a safety trial on humans of what is expected to be the UK’s first coronavirus vaccine next month. Provided that it goes smoothly, they will move directly into a larger trial to assess how effective the vaccine is at protecting against the infection.

The same vaccine will start animal trials next week at the Public Health England (PHE) laboratory at Porton Down near Salisbury. Normally, animal work must be completed before human trials can start, but because similar vaccines have worked safely in trials for other diseases, the work has been accelerated.

from the Guardian this morning.

Good news mate. I heard on Radio 5 this morning that the approach being taken by at least one lab (connecting to parts of the surface of the virus that won’t change if the rest of the virus morphed) will eventually leads to a better vaccine for the seasonal flu, too.

Good news mate. I heard on Radio 5 this morning that the approach being taken by at least one lab (connecting to parts of the surface of the virus that won’t change if the rest of the virus morphed) will eventually leads to a better vaccine for the seasonal flu, too.

that’s one of the things i took from one of the scientific papers I read the other day. Knock on effect of better understanding of other viruses.

The manager of the hotel in North Wales where Itake Mum for Sunday lunch rang me to get her number to see if she wants any food dropping off from their kitchens as they are shutting tomorrow . I’ll be sure to repay this great gesture when we come out of this.
He’s a Wolves fan too so we have great fun winding up the fake Scousers .

Just looking at the numbers and there appears to have been a slight drop in new cases and deaths in China, Italy, France and the UK.

Obviously not significantly and it doesnt change much in the grand scheme of things, but we need this thread to stay on page 1!!

Just looking at the numbers and there appears to have been a slight drop in new cases and deaths in China, Italy, France and the UK.

Obviously not significantly and it doesnt change much in the grand scheme of things, but we need this thread to stay on page 1!!
Any drop is good news but it has to every day moving forward not just the odd day here and there. Fingers crossed though we do start to see a regular fall as the virus begins to start dying out or becoming less virulent. There is so much misinformation out there though that it's hard to know who or what to believe.

Just been out to do the weekly shop and pick some stuff up for the kids gran.
The shops are quite than a normal day and I would say 80 % of normal sto k levels.
Bog rolls bread milk etc all available

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.