COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems likely that treatment will become selective based on age and underlying health conditions from now on. Realistically, what can you do for someone in their 80s with pre-existing conditions for example?

It's brutal but if the NHS is overwhelmed then stark choices have to be made.
What about young drug addicts who think nothing about sharing needles never mind the virus?

I agree that the NHS will have to be even more selective regarding treatment but whats new?

There is a local small pub I know bit of a shithole, curtains shut etc letting regular’s in through the back door
Madness

Much as it pains me to defend Cummins, an extract from an undisclosed source is hardly conclusive evidence though, is it?

It's taken from the Sunday Times though and is written by their political editor. He has an excellent reputation on these kind of things. Can't see why he'd put his career on the line by publishing that unless he was certain it was the case. Also it 100% fits in with what you would expect Cummings' take to be so I don't know why anyone would be remotely surprised by it.

She’s getting a knock on the window a wave and card through the door. That’s it, no going in for a brew, might ask her for a couple of jigsaws for when I have to stay in.
The virus will last up to 24 hours on a cardboard box. (She might already be infectious.)

The virus will last up to 24 hours on a cardboard box. (She might already be infectious.)

Excellent point Vic, to be sure there has to be an element of barrier nursing to ensure that the best is done in terms of common practice to prevent the virus entering the 'Sterile' area.

Not sure if posted already but; small clinical trial with some positive results on antivirals/existing drugs, needs a bigger database and am normally skeptical about anything on twitter but right now I’ll take it unless anyone can verify that it’s not bonafide

This was all unnecessary. Months of planning proved pointless. Had the objective been to stop the infection then a mass testing regime would have been readied and waiting and we'd have stopped the tsunami from forming.

Think about this animation (play). It's flawed although quite brilliant.

It's more an animation of testing rather than social distancing. Social distancing would reduce the number of branches that form from each person. In this animation, everyone would still end up getting infected. It's a really neat way to think about what approaches are needed to beat an infection. Testing and social distancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.