COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Yanks are doing a massive trial in New york as we speak. Trump has been pushing this at his pressers for the last 4 days and getting criticised for it. They have ordered lots of the drugs.

Funny that, when the whole world works together this thing will be beaten and beaten lightning quick in the grand scheme of things. Not quick enough for many and not quick enough to avoid a worldwide catastrophe, but beaten in an astonishingly quick time all the same.

Hope the world learns from this.

I live in buxton and have a view up the a6 and across buxton.
The roads are a lot busier today than they were last week.
What's fucking wrong with people.
It's like looking out on a bank holiday
Small world. My Mum and Dad live in New Mills, my brother in Furness Vale just off the A6. I am cooped up in a little flat in Manchester.

When I listen to the Italian doctors being interviewed and asking what advice they have, they all say stop work. The industrial Northern heartland of Italy has it worst because whilst the little northern towns were quarantined their workers were still in the factories and car plants working away as usual.

Stop work, and test. That's what I hope happens next.

I'm heading to the beach with the family today. We won't be near anyone. If the beach has too many people we'll walk along the road. It's just to give us something to do outside the house. If someone sees us and is enraged that we aren't taking things seriously then they just dont understand imo.
There's no helping ignorance and stupidity..

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-51988877

Get an isolation note for your employer.

"This service is only for people who:

• have symptoms of coronavirus and have used the 111 online coronavirus service
  • have been told by a healthcare professional they have symptoms of coronavirus
  • live with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus"
(Presumably the bullet points are "or" rather than "and")

So you click to start

First question:

Have you been told to stay at home by the NHS website, NHS 111 or a healthcare professional?

And if you say no because you live with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus it then says

"You can only get an isolation note if you have been told to stay at home by the NHS website, NHS 111 or a healthcare professional"

this what I am finding so confusing. We are being told not to contact NHS 111 or doctors etc , unless its really necessary. We are not living with someone who has shown symptoms but someone who is now showing symptoms 2 days after staying at ours for 2 days, and with my lad having close contact with her ;). Because of his close contact with her his boss has told him to self isolate. When picking up my prescription I told the pharmacies the story and she said we had to self isolate for 14 days. It makes sense but it isn't what the government is saying as my sons gf doesn't live in our household but was in bed ( in our home ) with him 36 hrs before being sent home with symptoms !. My boss has all ready said he wont pay you if you self isolate although his deputy has said he will go above his head and is sure the people above him will pay us.

to me its makes sense to self isolate as they must me a chance of us catching it as she was in our house 36 hours for 2 days before showing symptoms. I really don't know what to do my head says self isolate but I am worried as I have only been back 3 weeks after a month of with depression.

Last edited:
They are doing more.
I can see that, but honestly I get the impression throughout that our strategy has been to do the minimum possible in order to cause as little disruption as possible. And only to act when it's blindingly unavoidable.

Think on this. Had we had the clamp down we have now, 2 weeks ago, there would have been 10x less people infected at the peak, 10x fewer deaths at the peak and the peak would be sooner and over much quicker. We had a 2 week head start on other European nations and sat back and wasted it. Can people REALLY hide behind the excuse that 2 weeks ago, we could not see this coming? It's heart-breaking, it really is.

And we STILL are allowing people to freely move in and around and in and out of London, our very own Lombardi in waiting.

On Monday 9th, I wrote to my MP saying that in 2 weeks time, i.e. when the stats are out tomorrow, we would have "6,000 or 7,000 infections and hundreds dead". And I asked him to bookmark it. Why? Because I could see how it was growing and that was the situation in Italy at the time. Tomorrow we will see exactly those figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.