COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stats show that if we reduce our contact by 75% it makes a massive difference to the rate at which the disease spreads, thanks to the magic of maths, it reduces the rates of transmission many times over (I think it's twenty times less opportunities for transmission).

There's no real way to feed everyone without supermarkets so going there forms part of the 25%. Just wash your hands before and after, keep your distance, wash anything like produce. Some countries make shoppers use latex gloves, not a bad idea if you are worried.

I think with the mass panic, half of them gobshites don't wash their hands, touch trolleys after and shelves. I dunno but I'd feel much safer in a pub than a supermarket.

Soon as I get home I'm just doing home delivery, people piss me off in general. I wanted some almonds, crisps and bit of fruit for my 15 hour shift but I'm not dicking about in line with people panic buying and cleaning my crisp aisle. Lucky I'm not American I would be walking around with a gun trying to get a meal sorted for my shift

The problem the government faces with any lockdown is what to do with the people who break it. As others have said our culture differs from other countries and as we have seen over the weekend some people either don’t know how serious this is or just don’t give a shit. We can put the police and even the army on the streets but what powers will they have. These useless scrottes who are either drunk, drugged up or both will just see it as a laugh to taunt the police or the soldiers. Unfortunately they won’t be able to shoot the bastards, can they lock them up? If so where?, force them to go home? How?, fine them?, most will be on benefits probably anyway. Is a difficult decision to say the least

Last edited:
What about the WHO?
The head of the WHO was on Marr today and said the British government were doing all the right things. The government has banned mass gatherings, it has closed schools, it has closed restaurants and pubs, it has issued guidance to vulnerable people to self isolate for twelve weeks, it’s announced an unprecedented amount of measures to protect businesses and working people, it’s advised people not to go out. If necessary it will announce a total lockdown. Yet all we read is people slagging them off thinking they know better.

The head of the WHO was on Marr today and said the British government were doing all the right things. The government has banned mass gatherings, it has closed schools, it has closed restaurants and pubs, it has issued guidance to vulnerable people to self isolate for twelve weeks, it’s announced an unprecedented amount of measures to protect businesses and working people, it’s advised people not to go out. If necessary it will announce a total lockdown. Yet all we read is people slagging them off thinking they know better.
The WHO were telling us for weeks to do that,they did not approve of us going our own way and the herd immunity claptrap,lets not rewrite history

We weren’t for a good while though. Now we have some of the right things in place but a lot of people are taking no notice of them because the message is unclear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.