COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is green sputum ?
If you mean green phlem it doesnt always mean theres an infection lurking.
stuff from deep down in your lungs not the superficial stuff

Who may need antibiotics if they have a cough with or without phlegm?
  • If you have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) with green phlegm you should see your doctor as you may have an infection. People with COPD are more likely to be/have been smokers and green phlegm in this group is more indicative of a sign of infection.
  • If you have had a recurrent chest infections you should also see your doctor for a clinical review as you may have an infection.
  • Those who are older (over 65) or who have other chronic lung and heart conditions may need to seek advice about treatment

Last edited:
The problem the government faces with any lockdown is what to do with the people who break it. As others have said our culture differs from other countries and as we have seen over the weekend some people either don’t know how serious this is or just don’t give a shit. We can put the police and even the army on the streets but what powers will they have. These useless scrottes who are either drunk, drugged up or both will just see it as a laugh to taunt the police or the soldiers. Unfortunately they won’t be able to shoot the bastards, can they lock them up? If so where?, force them to go home? How?, fine them?, most will be on benefits probably anyway. Is a difficult decision to say the least

Even if there are a minority who flaunt it, if the government come out with STRONGER messaging - the vast majority should comply. It will be better than the piss take I've seen today, with people at parks having picnics etc and very much thinking it is Business as Usual.

I just a long friend with a friend of mine who is a doctor at the NHS, she is terrified and was nearly in tears and said she does not know any doctors who are not. If the government lets them down, then they are an utter disgrace and to be honest, so is the general public.

England and you definitely are one of the people on the you gov list.

I thought he said England. I’m in Northern Ireland though and we are the last for most things. But it will filter through eventually and I’m taking extra precautions already.

our cases have been a lower than the mainland with 128 in 24 days since first case and only 2 deaths across a 2million population. God bless the Irish Sea.

I thought he said England. I’m in Northern Ireland though and we are the last for most things. But it will filter through eventually and I’m taking extra precautions already.

our cases have been a lower than the mainland with 128 in 24 days since first case and only 2 deaths across a 2million population. God bless the Irish Sea.

Health is devolved isn't it so yes NHS England was what was discussed - the devolved parliaments have to decide what they do.

Even if there are a minority who flaunt it, if the government come out with STRONGER messaging - the vast majority should comply. It will be better than the piss take I've seen today, with people at parks having picnics etc and very much thinking it is Business as Usual.

I just a long friend with a friend of mine who is a doctor at the NHS, she is terrified and was nearly in tears and said she does not know any doctors who are not. If the government lets them down, then they are an utter disgrace and to be honest, so is the general public.
Frankly if the Spanish who are the epitome of outdoor lovers can quarantine themselves with the minimum of fuss, so can the British.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.