COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course its a myth - hence the existence of Spivs etc. We also failed to learn from our own experience of the effect on the populace of bombing - the Allies moved to area bombing which had a massive impact more that the Luftwaffe did on the UK but it didn't break the Germans.

That’s only because they had nothing left, those that survived, in Dresden so had nothing to lose.

First workday of with self isolation feels odd as we all feel fine , and abit like we are pulling a fast one. Doesnt feel right phoning in when feeling ok. We have to do as we are told. My lad has had closed contact with someone who has showed symptoms and is self isolating, and she stayed in our house 24 before.
I think this the hardest thing as we all feel fine but cant work for another 10 days. I guess we are all abit worried about how are employer's will react , but we have to follow governments guidelines. Seems impossible to get a 'sicknote', as i cant find any information on what to do. Some say phone NHS111 and than other advice says only NHS111 if you think you have the virus etc. Confusing times

https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19

Digital sicknote fella

Really big day today. Yesterday we diverged from Italy's path of 33% increase in deaths per day, hopefully today we carry that on and it wasn't just a fluke.

Italy also had deaths go down and we'll get an idea if they're past the peak or it was a one off today.

Curiously a poll taken by the equivalent of the Telegraph shows that more than 50% are dissatisfied with the government's handling of the crisis.

They think the PM should have done more!

Given that Spain has been the strictest country in Europe, my question is,
Who'd be a politician?

I think I saw somewhere that 95% of people in Spain were satisfied with the governments decision to go on lockdown when they did. I personally haven’t heard or seen one person question it or complain about not being able to do anything. People are civilized in the supermarkets etc. The only complaints i’ve Heard is that the lockdown could be stricter because there are a few taking the piss but the police have cracked down anyway.

And remember Spain is as politically divided as any other nation currently so it is good to see people coming together in a crisis. The difference between the UK and Spain right now though is the current numbers so it’s easier for the Spanish to see and understand the devastation and to self isolate to play their part in stopping it.

Work have allowed a workmate ( thick ****) who decided to go to Spain a week ago back into the workplace after only 7 days isolation - doesn't seem right to me.

Bring on the lockdown now.

Really big day today. Yesterday we diverged from Italy's path of 33% increase in deaths per day, hopefully today we carry that on and it wasn't just a fluke.

Italy also had deaths go down and we'll get an idea if they're past the peak or it was a one off today.

Yesterday’s numbers were a positive sign for the UK but the epicenter in Italy was already well into locked down by this point. The UK v Italy comparisons will come down to London v Lombardi.

If the UK can restrict deaths to less than 2-300 per day throughout this tricky period then you’d consider the tactics to be successful imo. But with the social gatherings still continuing you’re looking at least another 5 weeks before and real significant progress will be seen.

We have two weapons against the virus:
  • testing
  • isolation
it's not easy but it' obvious that we are not maximising either.

Germany are now testing 160,000 people a day. We're nowhere near that. We can't even test our own health workers who think they have it (I know this to be true). None-essential workers went off to work this morning making a mockery of the weekend's concerns about a few people gathering in the open air.

This government was initially prepared for 70% of us to slowly acquire immunity and then realised it just wasn't going to be possible to manage. That error left us with very little time to prepare but we are not doing everything possible are we? Have they really dropped their herd immunity plan? It is hard to accept that Western governments in the 21st century were prepared to do this, but our government still seems committed to aspects of this strategy. If you disagree, explain why we are not in lockdown now.

Why did many people have to go to work this morning when we know this will contribute to spread of the infection?

Where is the mass testing regime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.