The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

A school in Essex has had food stolen from its kitchen - days before it was due to provide support for the children of key workers.

Gosfield School in Halstead says it suffered the "extensive" burglary over weekend, where thieves took four commercial-sized freezers of food and most of the dry and chilled produce in the kitchen

In a statement on Facebook, the school said: "Of course this means that we are unable to feed the children of critical workers who are attending school today, and the staff who have kindly volunteered to come in and run the skeleton operation to make this work, and we won't be able to feed the children and staff for the foreseeable future.

"Members of staff have been into Halstead to purchase food early this morning but with restrictions on what they are allowed to purchase this is not straightforward

"Therefore we would respectfully request that all children of key workers who are attending school bring along a packed lunch, nut free snacks and a water bottle.

A school in Essex has had food stolen from its kitchen - days before it was due to provide support for the children of key workers.

Gosfield School in Halstead says it suffered the "extensive" burglary over weekend, where thieves took four commercial-sized freezers of food and most of the dry and chilled produce in the kitchen

In a statement on Facebook, the school said: "Of course this means that we are unable to feed the children of critical workers who are attending school today, and the staff who have kindly volunteered to come in and run the skeleton operation to make this work, and we won't be able to feed the children and staff for the foreseeable future.

"Members of staff have been into Halstead to purchase food early this morning but with restrictions on what they are allowed to purchase this is not straightforward

"Therefore we would respectfully request that all children of key workers who are attending school bring along a packed lunch, nut free snacks and a water bottle.
Some people in this fucking country disgust me.

Anyone caught trying to do something like this or anything else that is to the detriment of society right now should be given community service orders and made to work at non-skilled occupations in high risk areas without protective gear until they catch the virus. They are then of course to be self-isolated without medical care. If they don't survive then that's just tough.

Wow

Finally the local Aldi was reasonably quiet and had most of what I needed. No bog roll mind when are these fucking cretins going to get over this bog roll fetish the pricks.

Even if this stupidity is now decreasing lets not forget to have these greedy cunts over the coals at any opportunity. Selfish scummy low life people.

Went to Marks and spencer in Belfast city centre. It’s a massive food hall under the main store but because town is dead no one is near it! Had everything other than pasta and rice. Loads of reductions to.

Went to Tesco today straight after wrinklies hour. Lots of everything including loo roll. Staff were sitting at the tills with no customers. Hopefully, the panic is over.

Just been to Aldi and possibly there are signs that things are calming down. Biggish queue when it opened but it was well stocked and people weren't charging about like lunatics throwing everything into their trollies. They had ample bog roll stocks for example and lots of people were taking either one pack (you are allowed two) or none (like me as we don't need it right now).

I just bought what me, my wife and daughter need until the weekend. If more people start to do it then we can all calm down.

you are right.
I am shopping tomorrow, will get a weeks worth and then go again next tuesday

Just got back from local Sainsburys. Much quieter than any usual day. Still no tinned goods, pasta or uncooked rice but plenty of fresh food & (finally) some grub for the dog which is what I went for :)

Is the message getting through?
I was in our local Sainsbury’s this morning, they seemed to have everything apart from toilet rolls, kitchen towels etc and crates of beer!
The real bonus was Kraken and Dead Man’s Fingers were on offer and they were giving away yesterday’s flowers so I took them back to Mrs Flower as a present.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.