Self-employed & Coronavirus

Canteen staff,getting laid off tomorrow morning,think then site will follow suit
As I said on another thread,
Multiplex shit 1 today..

My elder son looks pretty fcuked financially.

Left a regular job a couple of months ago because of bullying and is starting up in the home improvements biz. It is a perfectly good business model...or was until this bastard came along.

Virtually no income to date and prospects drying up rapidly. No income tax to defer. No VAT to defer. In rented property.

My elder son looks pretty fcuked financially.

Left a regular job a couple of months ago because of bullying and is starting up in the home improvements biz. It is a perfectly good business model...or was until this bastard came along.

Virtually no income to date and prospects drying up rapidly. No income tax to defer. No VAT to defer. In rented property.

Having just watched boris,
Hope what he stated below works out for construction & other employment,seeing it didn't say shut all sites.

• travelling to and from work, but only where it is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home

Having just watched boris,
Hope what he stated below works out for construction & other employment,seeing it didn't say shut all sites.

• travelling to and from work, but only where it is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home
Thanks. He’s not actually barred from working but how many potential customers will want someone coming to the house to quote for a job? Very few, I fear.

He’ll have to get smart and quote remotely wherever possible, making it known there will be no close contact. I still think the volume of business will be severely impacted, particularly with a lot of people’s disposable income being hit.

Double whammy for me personally, firstly, another job stoped as customer gone into self isolation (which I’m glad about) and secondly, I’ve had the dreaded text telling me not to leave home for 12 weeks as due to the medication I’m on, I’m classed as highly vulnerable, ahhh well, health most important, must do as I’m told

If they do not help, and I wouldn't want much, I can promise that if I survive this, I shall not pay any more tax, nada. Like many self employed , I am a grafter, now I cannot graft.
25 years, self employed, now they want to offer 94 quid a week. Stuff that .
I'm thinking exactly this if they leave us out to dry

Double whammy for me personally, firstly, another job stoped as customer gone into self isolation (which I’m glad about) and secondly, I’ve had the dreaded text telling me not to leave home for 12 weeks as due to the medication I’m on, I’m classed as highly vulnerable, ahhh well, health most important, must do as I’m told
Look after yourself pal health is priority now

Where you based out of fella?

I have been sent a copy of the Coronavirus bill for self employed tonight.

I have a picture but not sure how to add and trying to find a link

long story short.

80% of monthly net earnings averaged over 3 years
Or £2,917
whichever is lower

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.