Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The possibility of football matches taking place inside empty stadiums in England during the coronavirus pandemic appears to be gathering momentum, with the PFA revealing most of its members accept there is now “no alternative

PFA deputy chief executive, Bobby Barnes: - Reluctance of players to compete behind closed doors has shifted - Football has a responsibility to try and lift the nation at a time of global crisis - Negotiations will be held over player salary deferrals

Bobby Barnes: - The PFA’s £55 million cash reserves will be made available for members who are experiencing hardship - A 24-hour wellbeing hotline is among the other provisions to help to support players in need

@David_Ornstein

I know that sports is the last thing that matters right now and I pray we all get through this nightmare soon, but God I miss City so much

It goes against government guidelines on mass gatherings and that’s just including the squads and playing staff.

Sadly the way the PL and Sky work I bet the vote will be cancel the season but acknowledge the scousers are champions.

The National Hockey League has just announced that they will not try to finish this season by playing late into the summer. Their priority is to avoid a knock on effect and not have it effect the next season. The opposite of us. The remainder of this season and the start of next are tentative of course. They have the luxury of a closed shop with no relegation concerns.

As a sportsman and a union man this post is fantastic news. Football without the fans is nothing. Screw the greed. If it's too early for fans then it's too early for players.
The solidarity from players across all levels is admirable.

Weird that the actually PFA are saying one thing but leaks from the players at saying another.

doesn’t anyone else find that concerning? Who’s actually in control of the PFA and what’s their goal?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.