The Boxing thread

Forgot to mention, I watched the Kownacki defeat at the weekend live, felt bad for him and his fans but it's another example of PBC's strategy backfiring.

Last edited:
BJS to fight Canelo May 2 in Vegas, I’d fly out now if I was him, April May predicted to be peak infection time so could well see a travel ban
Don’t want to miss that payday Billy

If Fury is found of doping again and gets the 8 year ban from boxing i would fear for him long term. His mental welfare and everything I just think this would be the begining of the end for Tyson Fury. Now I just hope he has the right support than before. The right people behind him he will be good.

Regarding the Fury story, just to make sure nobody has it confused.

This isn't a new test result, it's the same one from 2015-16, which was blamed on boar meat, which had implications for the original Wlad match in Germany.

Edit: Correction the test was taken after the Christian Hammer fight earlier that year(Feb 2015) and later UKAD alleged he failed to produce a sample in September 2016 before the Wlad rematch. I suppose since the fight wasn't in the UK, the failed test didn't affect the fight in Germany(Nov 2015) but it doesn't look like UKAD handled that right. Shouldn't they have suspended his licence the minute his test came back positive and informed the boxing organizations in charge of the belts up for grabs? That's all on UKAD though, if they dropped the ball with that.

I think pretty much everyone who paid attention to that story, thought it was a bullshit excuse but it's old news. If I remember right, it's the same substance that was found in Ortiz' system in 2014(his wasn't a one off, he's failed twice), which he blamed on horse meat.

The daily mail has done the full timescale of events here:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...psy-King-hit-fresh-allegations-UKAD-case.html
Fury ducked out of boxing soon after his failed test, I believed at the time the cocaine story was a diversion tactic to save his image because his exile from boxing lasted around the same amount of time that a ban would have kept him out of action.

It seems according to the timeline in that article, although Fury skipped his own UKAD hearing when he was trying to get his license back, that UKAD processed the appeal anyway. I was not aware of that and it was a mystery to me how he managed to get his license back until reading this.

Oct 13, 2016 British Boxing Board of Control suspends his licence.

Sep 18, 2017 Fury challenges UKAD to reinstate his licence.

Dec 11, 2017 He does not attend hearing into his doping violations.

Dec 12, 2017 UKAD announces that a two-year ban would be backdated and would end at midnight. Fury blames his nandrolone levels on eating uncastrated wild boar.

Dec 12, 2017: UKAD announces that a two-year ban would be backdated over the failed test

Jan 19, 2018 BBBofC agrees to re-instate Fury provided he sends them up-to-date medical records after visiting a psychologist.

Apr 12, 2018 He announces he has signed a multi-fight deal with Frank Warren’s Queensberry Promotions.

So that atleast makes more sense now, ignoring the fact that he got his license back after 14 months instead of 2 years, it wouldn't surprise me if Warren greased some palms to speed things along.

As bad for UK boxing as that all looked at the time, it's no coincidence to me that this story has suddenly resurfaced, after the American paper champion got battered. This case had no bearing on the Wilder fights whatsoever. Other than the fact that because of it, Wilder got a shot at a rusty, out of shape Fury and he still couldn't beat him(he lost the first fight IMO). So it wouldn't surprise me either, if someone powerful on Wilder's side of it has nudged this farmer to talk. Why else would the farmer be basically admitting to a crime? It's not as if he can take it to court, to get the bribe money he was promised.

As far as I can see, Fury has had his punishment in the eyes of UKAD(backdated 2 year ban), so as far as the banned substance goes, it's already been dealt with(poorly but they can't punish him twice). I do hope Fury stays strong through this, he came out of that a better person in a lot of ways, it would be a shame to go backwards.

Last edited:
I see the alleged drug cheat Fury has relinquished his license with the British Boxing Board of Control in an attempt to put him beyond the anti doping controls.
The actions of an innocent man?
I doubt it.
I hope they get the lying twat.

I see the alleged drug cheat Fury has relinquished his license with the British Boxing Board of Control in an attempt to put him beyond the anti doping controls.
I doubt it.

He relinquished the license prior to the Wilder fight, not all of a sudden because of this farmer coming out of the woodwork...

the sport is rife with this shit which is why it’s always sensible not to get too invested in those you support. Has he been clean since coming back? I’d say it’s a certainty, however, you only need look at the Whyte fiasco of late to show the ineptitude!

I doubt it.
I don't really have much against Fury since he came back personally, his fans can be annoying but that's the nature of fanboyism.

I think most people didn't believe the boar meat story in 2015, to me that sounded all to similar to every other excuse that has been given for this substance and there's no normal reason for it to be in the human bloodstream(hence people saying they eat boar and horse meat). I've made peace with the fact that he most likely was doping at that time and moved on but will mention it to Fury fans claiming other fighters are cheats. He's made it far worse trying to avoid the back lash though in my view. It has even reminded me of statements he made about not fighting in the UK again when he came back from retirement, after his two warmup fights in 2018. I wonder if he's being advised or he really did plan everything this well, I'm thinking the former.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.