COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what we're getting at though.

The advice needs to be that only essential services should be going to work, not every job that can't work from home.

There is absolutely no need for certain businesses to be opening as things stand, even if you can't work from home, if you're not essential then shut down.

I get that you've mentioned it's about slowing things down for the NHS but on current advice, Public Health procedures aren't even being followed. I posted this earlier (apologies for anyone seeing it again) but look at the tube this morning:
ET2_QdNXQAEgzUd

Not even 2cm's apart let alone 2 metres.

Only essential businesses should be open.
No one is sure what "essential" is though apart from the obvious, if you look at the government list it mentions electrical, I'm an electrician now the site I'm on is still open, it also says telecommunications, does this mean car phone warehouse can stay open, nothing is clear and any unscrupulous boss will take full advantage of these grey areas which there are many
The Government need to be crystal clear, who and who shouldn't be in work and until that happens we will see the uncertainty we see now and the continued spreading of the virus and they should start with construction and ensure the self employed which there are many on sites are offered the same help as cards in workers

This is what the UK scientists said would happen. 2020 will be a total right off and this will go well into next year too.

Until there’s a vaccine we’ll go round in circles.

Probably, though once we have an antibody test we can find out who has had it and use blood donarions from these people to create plasma that can be used to help cure people who are seriously ill.

It's returning students. Do you know that by far the biggest element of Singapore's infection comes from the UK. 12.7% of their infections are sourced from the UK.

China is having the same phenomena. The difference is these two countries test everything that moves, whereas we are still learning

See this report re Serbia (https://www.theguardian.com/austral...own-global-deaths-cases-covid19-latest-update)

Serbia’s president has announced a dramatic change of tactic in the fight against coronavirus, after taking the advice of a team Chinese epidemiologists who flew into the country, writes my colleague Shaun Walker in Budapest.

After speaking with the Chinese experts, Aleksandar Vučić said Serbia would move to a regime of mass testing, and would isolate those who tested positive in makeshift facilities, even if they had light symptoms, as lockdown alone will not work. He said he hoped the new strategy would be able to contain coronavirus in the country within a month. Serbia currently has 249 cases, and three confirmed deaths from coronavirus, though until now testing has been minimal.

“We are ready to put up 3,000 beds right away, these are the easiest patients, who will get in and out quickly, but we will see their illness through to the end so that they cannot infect anyone else,” said Vučić. More serious cases will be placed in hospitals. China has provided Serbia with shipments of masks and other medical equipment.

It is another sign that China is positioning itself as a saviour for European countries hit by the coronavirus. When the medical team arrived in Belgrade on Saturday, Vučić met the plane at the airport, and kissed the Chinese flag in gratitude. “Although China hasn’t finished the fight against Coronavirus yet, they say they will help Serbia. The Serbian people will never forget this kindness,” he said.
Taiwan would have put them in strict monitored home isolation on their return.

"On hearing ill rumour that Londoners may soon be urged into their lodgings by Her Majesty’s men, I looked upon the street to see a gaggle of striplings making fair merry, and no doubt spreading the plague well about. Not a care had these rogues for the health of their elders!"
Samuel Pepys 1664

The more things change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.