Should City pause the season card DD scheme?

The current season is either going to be cancelled (hopefully) or played behind closed doors (likely). Failing either of those its a reduction on next season. Either way there is an impact on the cost of the tickets. As it's only one payment I'd be inclined to suck it up and pay it but not everyone is in the same boat. I haven't yet claimed my money back for Newcastle or Madrid tickets until I know what is going to happen. The club (and other clubs) are in a bit of a predicament. Just like my gym I'd like them to postpone it but it could cause other issues down the line. My current feelings are to not renew next season due to a number of issues (maybe for another thread) so any credit may not work.

Wrl lanyone who wants refund should get it, once season is officially cancelled

It could be months before that’s decided though. That’s when people will be struggling financially.

the right thing to do would be to pause direct debit payments and resume them if the league starts. Just like lots of other companies are doing

Ie the club need to stop thinking about profit for once

It could be months before that’s decided though. That’s when people will be struggling financially.

the right thing to do would be to pause direct debit payments and resume them if the league starts. Just like lots of other companies are doing

Ie the club need to stop thinking about profit for once
But what about people who have paid up front?

But what about people who have paid up front?

Those that have paid up front have already accounted for the money whereas the DD people will have budgeted for a monthly payment based on their expected income now, suddenly that income has either gone or is much reduced. So, if the club cancelled the last payment that would be a great help to lots of fans and the least they could do. The real issue is the fact that the FA / PL are still hoping to get the games played and so the clubs are all holding off collectively doing anything with respect to refunds, I dont know if other clubs offer the DD scheme that City do so that maybe complicating things.
My suggestion would be for the club to pause the DD pending a decision on what is happening with the season they could use No 8. below

https://es.mancity.com/-/media/news-pics/2019/july/final-1920-seasoncards-tcs.ashx?la=es-es

Part 4 –Direct Debit Scheme Terms and Conditions
In addition to the General T&Cs set out in Part 1 above, the following terms and conditions shall apply to Seasoncard Holders who wish to purchase a Seasoncard and/or Metrolink Matchday Season Ticket and/or Seasonal Car Park Pass, using the Direct Debit Scheme.
1. To be eligible for the Direct Debit Scheme, purchasers must: a. be over 18 and have a UK bank account; b. be applying to become a Seasoncard Holder; and c. ensure that their application (including any amendments) is received by the Club by 5pm on Monday 1 July 2019.
2. An eligible Purchaser who wishes to pay by Direct Debit and who is accepted onto the Direct Debit Scheme shall be entitled to pay for their Seasoncard(s) by way of the “ten instalments payment plan”, under which ten instalments of equal value will be taken in advance in each of the following months during the relevant season: July to April inclusive. An example of a Direct Debit payment schedule is set out below. Please note that the price of the Seasoncard and the amount of each instalment will be confirmed to the on application for the Direct Debit Scheme, and may differ from the amounts shown below which are for illustration purposes only
Details of the payment plan available shall be set out on the Website and during the booking process from time to time and may be subject to change. For the avoidance of doubt, the price of the Seasoncard purchased under the Direct Debit Scheme will be no more than the cash price of the Seasoncard.
4. It shall remain the responsibility of the Purchaser to ensure that all instalments are paid to the Club on the relevant instalment due date. The time for payment of each instalment shall be of the essence of the contract.
5. If an instalment fails, the Purchaser will receive a notification (this may be one of the following but not restricted to a telephone call, letter, email or SMS) via the Club and the Purchaser shall be responsible for ensuring that the unpaid instalment is promptly paid to the Club. It shall remain the responsibility of the Purchaser to contact Supporter Services by the date provided in any notification received regarding the failed instalment(s).
6. On each occasion where the Club receives a failed payment notification or where payment is not made in accordance with clause 10 below following cancellation of the Direct Debit Scheme, the Club reserves the right to: a. re-issue the payment on the next direct debit payment date; b. charge an additional administration fee of £10 for each payment not received by the Club (save on the first occasion, where the Seasoncard Holder shall have a grace period of 7 days following notification of the failed instalment to pay the failed instalment); c. remove the Seasoncard Holder from the Direct Debit Scheme and require payment in full for the remaining balance outstanding against the Seasoncard (save on the first occasion, where the Seasoncard Holder shall have a grace period of 14 days following notification of the failed instalment to pay the failed instalment); d. terminate and cancel or suspend the Purchaser’s Seasoncard for all remaining fixtures (save on the first occasion, where the Seasoncard Holder shall have a grace period of 21 days following notification of the failed instalment to pay the failed instalment); e. revoke all Ticket Points and all Seasoncard Benefits acquired by the Seasoncard Holder; and/or restrict the Purchaser from renewing the Seasoncard(s) in the future; f. prohibit the Purchaser from using their Seasoncard to enter any match or from purchasing tickets to any future Match or any other Club products/services; and/or g. take such action as the Club deems necessary to recover sums due to the Club and the Club reserves the right to appoint a third party to recover any such sums, irrespective of whether the previous failed payment has been rectified.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, any references to the Club taking action to recover sums due will include sums that are already overdue and sums which would have become due had the Seasoncard not been terminated (although the Club will use reasonable endeavours to mitigate its losses in relation to such future payments), plus any reasonable costs of collecting such sums.

8. The Club reserves the right to withdraw the Direct Debit Scheme at any time, with prior written notice to the Purchaser of at least 10 working days. The Purchaser will have the option of paying the balance outstanding against their Seasoncard within 30 days of the withdrawal of the Direct Debit Scheme, or cancelling their Seasoncard from the date that the next instalment would have fallen due.

9. It remains the responsibility of the Purchaser to advise the Club of any changes to their Club account or bank details, including name changes, contact telephone number and e-mail. Any changes to bank account details (including requests to change instalment dates) must be given to the Club no later than 10 working days in advance of the next due instalment.
10. If during the Direct Debit Scheme, the Purchaser wishes to cancel their Direct Debit Scheme and change the method of payment, they must contact the Club no later than 10 working days in advance of the next instalment failing due. The Purchaser must pay any outstanding balance against the Seasoncard in full when informing the Club of their intent to cancel the Direct Debit Scheme. If any outstanding balances against the Seasoncard are not paid at this time, the Club reserves the right to exercise the rights set out in clause 6 (a) – (g) above. For the avoidance of doubt, this is merely a right to amend the method of payment and not a right to cancel the Seasoncard. Version: June 2019 Page 26 of 37
11. If a Purchaser cancels their own Direct Debit mandate, the Club may remove the Purchaser from the Direct Debit Scheme unless within 7 working days either new bank details have been received from the Purchaser or the Direct Debit mandate is reinstated.
12. If a Purchaser cancels their Direct Debit Scheme, or pays for their Direct Debit Scheme mandate in full prior to the final scheduled payment date in accordance with these terms and conditions, their Seasoncard will be deemed to have been cancelled and will not be automatically renewed for the following Season.

Once you’ve paid for it then it’s out of the way and done. If you’ve ever been like me then you spend £££s on match day on merch, food, beer etc.

There is nothing piss poor about offering what is essentially an Interest Free loan. Maybe they should stop offering these and then loads will have to give their season tickets up?

People don't realise how lucky they are to be offered this option.

I have £225 due to go out at the end of this month, it won't be there - we need the money we do have to eat and pay real bills.

To be honest, I think I will be done with football and will be playing catch up from far too back to contemplate committing to another season ticket for next year.

The complete inane and insulting discussions from within football during this time has left me utterly cold.

Thankfully, the players will have the final say and they will refuse to play for as long as they feel the need to do so, empty stadiums or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.