Should City pause the season card DD scheme?

We don't know what's going to happen with the rest of the season yet. Until we do then it's difficult to say. If we get to see the remaining games then they're paid for. If we don't, either because they're played behind closed doors (a daft idea in my view) or not played at all, then I'd expect refunds. That could be directly or as a discount off next season's season cards. Only one more payment to go I think anyway.

It will be interesting to see what impact there will be on renewals and attendances when we come out of this. People may have got used to not going to games or, more likely, will have more pressing claims on their income. City are going to have to think quite seriously about pricing and how it attracts new fans.

If people are having difficulty financially then you should contact the club in the first instance. If anyone does and has any issues then I'd like to hear about them.

Surprised they haven’t announced next years increase yet :-)

I think City should split the last payment into 3 to be taken in April, May and June people who are struggling get a bit of leeway and city will get the money before the season ends - assuming it restarts.

They should but they won't.

Unfortunately Manchester City is a business now, no different to Sports Direct. The people in charge won't know where Clayton is despite it being in viewing distance of the stadium.

I'm aware that Manchester City do a lot in the community and for charity but i do feel they could look after their core 'customers' as a football club would look after it's fans.

The right thing to do is suspend season card money. They would be the first to not pay an instalment on a transfer because games aren't taking place.

As tolmie has touched upon, this Covid-19 has made me think about what matters in the world and unfortunately Manchester City as a match going fan no longer comes under that, i suspect others may feel the same. Sky/BT the same, cancelled both and don't think i will get them back when it's all back up and running.

Unfortunately Manchester City is a business now, no different to Sports Direct. The people in charge won't know where Clayton is despite it being in viewing distance of the stadium.

I'm aware that Manchester City do a lot in the community and for charity but i do feel they could look after their core 'customers' as a football club would look after it's fans.

The right thing to do is suspend season card money. They would be the first to not pay an instalment on a transfer because games aren't taking place.

As tolmie has touched upon, this Covid-19 has made me think about what matters in the world and unfortunately Manchester City as a match going fan no longer comes under that, i suspect others may feel the same. Sky/BT the same, cancelled both and don't think i will get them back when it's all back up and running.
Very eloquently put,the truth sometimes hurts. I am torn between packing it all in (after 54 years being a Blue) or keep on going because I am now 1 season away from a half price season card.

Brighton have done this

It has been decided by the directors that after this month’s April direct debit payment is taken, that all renewing season-ticket holders and 1901 Club members will have the opportunity to opt in and take a three-month holiday from their monthly direct debits.

#BHAFC ⚪

Of course city is a business but you do realise that Sports Direct made big price increases to their product range today to profit from the pandemic. If you’ve had enough of football fair enough but I think you need to be a bit more realistic in your criticisms. Btw being a business is not a great crime in most walks of life. I don’t know that many people who work for free all the time.

Of course city is a business but you do realise that Sports Direct made big price increases to their product range today to profit from the pandemic. If you’ve had enough of football fair enough but I think you need to be a bit more realistic in your criticisms. Btw being a business is not a great crime in most walks of life. I don’t know that many people who work for free all the time.

Yes I’m aware of that, there is no difference between the two. Sports direct are raising prices to profit from pandemic and Manchester City are still taking money out from struggling “customers” for games that aren’t taking place and unlikely to take place at all. They are both thinking of the £££ short term.

And you are right, there is nothing wrong with being a business but a business that looks after it’s customers and staff in a time of struggle will be one that is strong for many years let alone a football club.

Nor do I know many people who work for free but I do know many people who are not working at all due to the current situation but are still expecting money to be taken out of their account to pay KDB’s 300k a week wages. (Nothing against KDB, love the guy but just using him as what I suspect is our highest earner).

His wages if they are £300k a week will be exactly half of what the club would expect to pocket on the 1st April if we’re saying an average of £60 for 40,000 fans. So whilst KDB and the boys will pocket more money than they can count, many fans will be struggling to buy food for themselves and their families.

There are times when businesses no matter how successful or profitable they are need to be morally correct in their decisions and this is one of those crossroad moments for long standing “customers”, me included.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.