Would you give up the Carabao Cup

According to Football365.
An abandoned season means the last seven (ish) months, as far as the sport and the record books are concerned, just didn’t happen. Data would run from 2018/19 straight into 2020/21, with nothing in between. A void. A nothing.

And, as underwhelming as this season has been at times, City actually have a lot to lose.

The most obvious, initially, is that they would go back to only being two-time defending League Cup winners

I also heard this on the radio probably Talksport. They said that if the leage is voided then all other tournaments in ran by he same organization are also voided
Well; The Carabao Cup is organised and ran by the Football League, a separate body from the FA and the PL.

Can you please tell me why we would "give up" (your words) a legitimately completed competition? It has no bearing on the other two domestic competitions, or on the CL.
Read it in football365 yesterday. Don't know how accurate it is but it says that all records including Carabao cup will be gone

At the time of posting, goals separate Watford, Bournemouth and West Ham in the table. Imagine the legal battles if they relegate one of the three if the season isn’t finished. This could drag on.

At the time of posting, goals separate Watford, Bournemouth and West Ham in the table. Imagine the legal battles if they relegate one of the three if the season isn’t finished. This could drag on.
I love the thought of the football authorities having to actually work for a living and not just having 4 hour lunches in between two three hour kips.

I love the thought of the football authorities having to actually work for a living and not just having 4 hour lunches in between two three hour kips.

Their lawyers will work. They will not. The season must he finished or voided. I suspect it will go on in to the summer.

According to Football365.
An abandoned season means the last seven (ish) months, as far as the sport and the record books are concerned, just didn’t happen. Data would run from 2018/19 straight into 2020/21, with nothing in between. A void. A nothing.

And, as underwhelming as this season has been at times, City actually have a lot to lose.

The most obvious, initially, is that they would go back to only being two-time defending League Cup winners

I also heard this on the radio probably Talksport. They said that if the leage is voided then all other tournaments in ran by he same organization are also voided

Hardly two reputable sources there :)

I'm sure Carabao would also have something to say if the competition they sponsor and which had been played to a conclusion was somehow declared void. At the very least they'd want their money back for this season's competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.