COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am self employed, have a cleaning company cleaning carpets and also patio’s etc.
Took the decision to not do any inside jobs last week.
In theory i could crack on with my outside work but took the decision last night to close up shop full stop.

Such a big decision. Scary. Financially daunting. But, i think, morally correct.

Had a few bits to do today and seeing how people are carrying on regardless made me think why im bothering

But this is what im doing and hopefully doing my bit
You lazy bugger......

Driving home from work popped into Tesco’s for my parents, still no bog roll the6 are only putting out certain amounts to stop people rushing in! The drive home was weird 730pm and it was almost deserted.

Problem is we will not be on the payroll, I believe.

Then you may be entitled to redundancy pay if you meet the conditions. (I assume you are PAYE, not self employed?)

The whole idea of the scheme is to reduce job losses/redundancies. Any chance you could talk to your employer and put a case for keeping you guys on the books?

So if they keep you on the books you will get 80%? Just I have looked on govt website and, to me, it looks like you only entiltled to the 80% if you are off work having contracted the virus and a doctor has confirmed this. I hope I am reading this incorrectly
That's not correct, mate. The 80% deal is part of the snappily-named Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. It can apply when your are "furloughed", i.e. temporarily laid off but kept on the books, rather than being made redundant. It's totally different from sick pay, etc.

Here's a link for you: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...bout-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses

Half of "London" fucks off to the country at the weekend, so it should have been announced Friday not yesterday, hence why Cornwall Wales Lakes and Yorkshire filled up on Saturday and Sunday, last weekend so that damage has already been done sadly.
Which is exactly what happened in Italy. They gave them warning of the closure so loads fucked off down south taking the virus with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.