COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that’s fair comment on your second point. I expressed myself clumsily. By our actions or behaviour we have, at the very least, allowed it to proliferate. Is that about right?
Yes, obviously. The root cause aka those wet markets must be put a stop to after this thing's over, or at least be heavily regulated even though I don't know how you'd do that with pangolins and bats.
As for the spreading after the initial outbreak, it's not difficult for a contagious virus to do the rounds. We allowed it to proliferate because we're human and it's a human virus, governments delayed actions notwithstanding.

I'm not rationally on board with the whole mother nature thing, even though it's a romantic perspective I can also adopt in some situations and it can be used for educational purposes.

Last edited:
I don't. I'd sooner believe in the existence of God than I would that some Earth spirit devised a way to punish humanity for the sin of over consuming resources.
I believe there was an equilibrium that stood for hundreds of millions of years that we’ve completely overwhelmed in the space of around two hundred years, by our ingenuity and our greed. Any living thing, when attacked, will defend itself. I think that ‘equilibrium’ is fighting back.

You don’t follow that line of thinking - that’s fair enough. We can’t agree on everything. No way either of us can know with any certainty who right and who’s wrong about this either. It can’t be proven one way or the other.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-may-infected-half-uk-21748044

I know it is andectotal but the amount of people I have heard say they had the worst flu ever in the last two months would support the above theory.

If the above is correct maybe we could be further along the curve than we think and closer to the peak? Maybe clutching at straws but would be great news if true.

I don't think it will change the peak but it will mean that % of deaths would be a lot lower than previously thought. Imagine if worldwide the death rate was even 1% rather than 3.5%.

My Mrs is due back at work tomorrow for a counter service hardware chain. Shes the manager and whilst they arent letting customers into the branch, she still has 3 work colleagues and her boss there. Any sales will be via click and collect only, outside the front of the branch. That's as maybe but the way these places are planned behind the counter there is minimal aisle widths so the team are likely to be within 2m of each other. She seems quite calm about it all and anything I say gets shut down with a snap. I asked her to wear a mask which we have and shes refused in the basis that she will be the only one wearing one, FFS these arent fashion items I told her. Am I being too overly concerned? I dont think I am tbh. Right now i feel like texting her divisional boss who i know as an acquaintance to tell him exactly what I think about it. Clearly She would not want me to do that but this is how strongly I feel about it. We have a 12 and 19 year old at home and I have mild COPD.

I believe there was an equilibrium that stood for hundreds of millions of years that we’ve completely overwhelmed in the space of around two hundred years, by our ingenuity and our greed. Any living thing, when attacked, will defend itself. I think that ‘equilibrium’ is fighting back.

You don’t follow that line of thinking - that’s fair enough. We can’t agree on everything. No way either of us can know with any certainty who right and who’s wrong about this either. It can’t be proven one way or the other.
True that we can believe what we like but just know that if it was my mother who died from the virus I'd be highly insulted by anyone saying that it was her own fault for being human.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-may-infected-half-uk-21748044

I know it is andectotal but the amount of people I have heard say they had the worst flu ever in the last two months would support the above theory.

If the above is correct maybe we could be further along the curve than we think and closer to the peak? Maybe clutching at straws but would be great news if true.

according to two experts on radio 4 this afternoon that is just not true.
If it was covid 19 where’s the spike in deaths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.