COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandpa being Sardinian ate lamb heads without batting an eyelid (nowadays he refrains luckily) but has always been horrified by people eating horses. Similar to UK culture I think. It doesn't help that he's been living in a northern town where horse meat is a common delicacy. Horse meat is tasty btw.

There’s a big stretch from eating a farmed four legged animal, such as a lamb or even a horse and eating a fucking snake or a bat, which is akin to eating rat.

Yes it’s their culture but it’s fucking rank.

It's just cultural norms. Some cultures think nothing of eating insects whereas most of us find the thought of that abhorrent.

On the other hand, some cultures find our habit of eating lamb, i.e. baby animals, really offensive. And yet most if us give it little or no thought.
Lamb is hardly a baby animal, it's basically a full grown sheep that's young enough for the meat to still be tender. Pigs and Cattle are slaughtered at a similar stage of growth.

The missus and I went to her Sister’s on Christmas Day and they were all down with the flu... we managed to last till our son’s wedding on the 28th of December till we got any symptoms.. but then we went downhill fast... the worst bout of flu we’ve ever had.. I really hope it was the same virus but I worry it was too early..

It took us almost four weeks to shake it
We're a family of 3 who went to Milan for a long weekend at beginning of December. Flew into Malpensa, two days in Milan, one on Lake Como and the last day in the old town of Bergamo. Within a couple of weeks of returning we all had an awful flu like illness. Never once have we considered this to be covid-19 because we think this would have been picked up by now by some kind of spike in figures. Symptoms were different too.

That’s a bizarre leap from what I’ve said. I think you are failing to distinguish between perception about our impact as a species and having compassion for individuals. It’s a perfectly normal distinction to for someone to draw. In fact I’d go as far as to say that someone who is unable to draw that distinction, is mentally deficient.

You don’t think we’re having a negative impact on the planet as a species?
Oh Jaysus, I'm mentally deficient now. Grand. Can't be bothered.

Just read an article in the Financial Times that a study by oxford university suggests 50 percent of us may have had it.

Can someone post the link?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxmu2rwsnhi9j9c/Draft-COVID-19-Model (13).pdf?dl=0

If I read it right, it's just a computer model. Probably not as reliable as testing 100 random asymptomatic people around the country but johnnytapia thinks that would tell us nothing, even if the tests showed that none of them has had it, or half of them had, because I didn't study statistics at school.

We're a family of 3 who went to Milan for a long weekend at beginning of December. Flew into Malpensa, two days in Milan, one on Lake Como and the last day in the old town of Bergamo. Within a couple of weeks of returning we all had an awful flu like illness. Never once have we considered this to be covid-19 because we think this would have been picked up by now by some kind of spike in figures. Symptoms were different too.
like people have said lots of flu like symptoms and not quite normal if you get my drift and me included, just a possibility that no one has mentioned could there have been a less violent strain of this virus that was undetected then its mutated into the one we now know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.