COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it will change the peak but it will mean that % of deaths would be a lot lower than previously thought. Imagine if worldwide the death rate was even 1% rather than 3.5%.
It would also mean that after we've had our lockdown and come out the other side, there would be much less chance of it flaring up again since most of us will have had it. Herd immunity back on the table again.

This would also explain why the numbers are not shooting up in Hubei even though they are getting back to normal.

don't shoot the messenger mate. I was but i'm down to BMI 26 now. Type 2 diabetic (controlled by diet), blood group A+, 51 years old yesterday and just lost my job (hopefully temporarily). I think I'm bearing my part of the burden :-)

edit: forgot to mention my girlfriend is stuck 1200 miles away too!!

Missed the bit about blood group, is A+ good or bad? As you’ve posted it and I’m A+ I probably know the answer....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxmu2rwsnhi9j9c/Draft-COVID-19-Model (13).pdf?dl=0

If I read it right, it's just a computer model. Probably not as reliable as testing 100 random asymptomatic people around the country but johnnytapia thinks that would tell us nothing, even if the tests showed that none of them has had it, or half of them had, because I didn't study statistics at school.

it’s a non peer reviewed article / paper that seems to hold no water to me.

I mean if this has been doing the rounds in the UK since mid jan and had infected 50% why are we only now seeing a mortality spike from it? Same with every country?

also to infect 50% of the UK population would take 25 doublings in 10 weeks? Which would be approximately 2x the speed this thing is known to spread.

like people have said lots of flu like symptoms and not quite normal if you get my drift and me included, just a possibility that no one has mentioned could there have been a less violent strain of this virus that was undetected then its mutated into the one we now know
We've put it down to coincidence now and the only way we'd know is after testing. None of us have had any symptoms since but have been essentially locked down for a week now on the basis we've not been infected yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.