“The work of God”?

I would definitely agree with that.

I also have another problem: suppose that there is a God with all the qualities that the monotheistic traditions ascribe to Him.

Wouldn't it still then be reasonable to ask why there is a God that is all-powerful, all-loving, all-knowing, eternal, infinite etc. that gets His knickers in a twist about what we do down here?

whats reasonable about believing there is a ‘thing’ controlling all this like some puppet master?

the fact you referred to ‘it’ as ‘him’ means I’m out.... calling @karen7 to deal with the feminist hater!

What did god do before creating the universe? Did he just sit around for an almost infinite amount of time scratching his arse?

Where did god come from?

What did god do before creating the universe? Did he just sit around for an almost infinite amount of time scratching his arse?

Where did god come from?
Best case: The imagination of illiterate, innumerate, biblical era peasants who were trying to understand things well beyond their capabilities.
Worst case: The imagination of illiterate, innumerate, biblical era leaders who were trying to control the peasants using fear of an invisible all-seeing, all-singing, all-dancing, bad-tempered, vengeful man in the sky.

Best case: The imagination of illiterate, innumerate, biblical era peasants who were trying to understand things well beyond their capabilities.
Worst case: The imagination of illiterate, innumerate, biblical era leaders who were trying to control the peasants using fear of an invisible all-seeing, all-singing, all-dancing, bad-tempered, vengeful man in the sky.
Spot on!

If religion serves a purpose e.g. providing comfort in hard times, or a code of conduct to follow, then in that regard it is a good thing.
I am unconvinced by the existence of any form of god
If I were to follow any religion it would probably be Daoism.
Also don't forget that our club has its' origin in St. Marks...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.