COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry if posted earlier not had chance to catch up on overnight posts, Piers Morgan, tosser that he usually is, is rapidly becoming the man of the people taking it upon himself to call out the companies claiming to be essential workplaces.

The replies from people/companies being made to go into work is appalling, the fact this is being advocated by the government is surely part of the herd experiment - what other explanation is there.

The fact India can lockdown 1.3 billion people, whilst we allow the likes of Next, Halfords etc to force people into work shows where government priorities lie.

God knows where we'll all be when we come out the other side of this, stay safe blues

There are loads of companies still operating/working .. building sites open , landscaping , tree cutting etc

Lombardy is the main reason for the high number of deaths there, they tried to lockdown and thousands of people left before it was enforced. I don’t think we’ve had that situation here, probably why the Govt have stressed London won’t have a complete lockdown by itself.
Total lockdown does not by itself stop people moving from one area to another.
Andalucia has relatively little virus compared with Madrid but last saturday police stopped over 200 cars from Madrid at Andalucia border. Most going to second homes but travel not allowed throughout Spain.

It is a broader arguement, and more of a philosophical debate, and maybe this isn't the time and place for it. As i said, i can't agree. I can't see the logic, other than an inexplicable pre-judgement. The world is a big and varied place, indigenous cultures everywhere have completely different habits and lifestiles. The world is turning vegan, and soon you and i will be the odd ones out that 'the rest look at in disgust' for eating a burger. It is the exact same logic, followed through.

All that said, agree 100% that the relaxed attitude to the state of such markets should be clamped down on and regulated better. Without a doubt.

It’s all different levels though. The world has eaten meat and is moving towards veganism. If and it’s a big if, the vast majority are vegan then they will be condemning something that the vast vast majority of humans used to do. Never in human history have anywhere close to even a large minority of people eaten the stuff they do in some areas of China.

Even a lot of the Chinese are disgusted by it.

I really don’t care if they eat insects or frogs or whatever but let’s just stop eating stuff we know is a high risk of spreading disease hey? You know the bats, civets, snakes, pangolins etc. let’s have a risk chart.

I know pigs can but the way they are farmed here makes it incredibly unlikely to start an epidemic. Let’s have the same standards worldwide and ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus.

Clarence House said: "The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus.

"He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.

"The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.

"The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.

"It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.