COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you noticed but the government has been compiling figures as from 1pm to 1pm each day. Yesterday's figures however were from 1pm Monday to 9am yesterday. The numbers were awful yesterday and I think they did that to keep the count down for the day.
Keeping this in mind I think today's figures could be quite disturbing, hence the failure to publish.
Before someone jumps in, I'm only putting 2+2 together.

One possibility the. Monday’s higher death figures.!Traditionally, a lot more people died towards the end of weekends in NHS hospitals. This has been addressed (at least in part) over the last decade with increased consultant cover in hospitals and changes to when some extremely ill patients are admitted. I don’t know whether that’s still the case in the current crisis.

So if they announce another 75 deaths or 150 deaths would it make you feel any better or worse. And they can quote any figure as nobody knows the truth. People will trust or distrust the figures regardless. The fact is this is a serious time for all and maybe there are slightly more serious things to sort out first than announce hundreds more deaths.
Not better or worse just want to know what is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.