What problems will Covid solve ?

I think if anything this proves to me that we really are social animals. I think perhaps working from home a little more may become more accepted but as I'm finding out...holed up alone does not bloody good for your wellbeing (and with pronhub fully free..well...).

I'd hope there's some data knocking around now to show irrefutable evidence that the environment (local and global) isn't ace with all this noxious fumes flying around. The number of daily deaths from respiratory illness associated with car fumes must shame COVID19? Not sure if it's just coincidental but the air does seem a lot clearer and cleaner of late (as running in will testify).
Also hope those horrific wet markets are completely shut down...I hope we never see the likes of this again for many generations.

The science paper knocking around recently (with regard to the virus) suggested the offshoot of this dramatic research into finding out about this virus (and vaccines/treatments) might be we find out cures for both the common cold and a silver Buller flu cure.

I really hope lots of things are learned from this and I suspect there will be (longer term). Just like smoking eventually petered out...the use of asbestos...
But...sure that human nature of greed might be hard to subdue.

I'm hoping it will make employers of office-based staff realise that:
* there is no need for so many employees to traipse miles into towns and cities, causing harm to the environment in the process, to sit in expensive-to-rent offices,
* there is no need for so many managers - most people can be trusted to manage themselves,
* the pointlessness of travelling hundreds of miles (London for example) to go to short meetings,
* not everyone needs to start and finish at the same time,
*that the public sector is vital.
*And last but by no means least... Liverpool not getting our trophy.

Let's not talk about fatalities and financial turmoil, as those will cause immeasurable suffering.

But, are there aspects of society that will be better/improved once we come through this in 18-24 months with a vaccine and treatments established ?

From a footie perspective, I think FFP is finished. Nobody will want to stop an owner from putting in whatever funds he wants to prop up his club.

From a health perspective, will our health systems be better staffed, better equipped, more valued and receive the ongoing investment they need ?

What else good be better on the other side of this pandemic ?

Far too early to tell - but the demise of Wetherspoons and Sports Direct would be just rewards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.