Worst bands or solo artist you have seen live

Haha, great story about Metallica that.

Thinking on, your Nicks tale puts me in me of seeing Whitesnake for the first time. It was at the NEC too, and on the 87 album tour, so I’m guessing it was 88.
Having listen to Live In The Heart of the City till it wore out, and even loving Slide it In, I was so disappointed when I eventually saw them.
All posing and stringing it out, Coverdale dressed up like a Xmas tree,
a set that lasted all of 1 hour 15 mins.

I’ve not been underwhelmed at many gigs where I’ve really been looking forward to seeing the act (as opposed to going with a mate or girlfriend who liked the band more), but Whitesnake was one.
The other would’ve been Aerosmith; very slick, and certainly better than Coverdale circa 88, but I got the distinct impression they were going through the motions.

I saw Aerosmith at Manchester arena on the nine lives tour, would’ve been about ‘97, I had the same feeling, they didn’t seem interested, didn’t really connect with the audience (place was absolutely packed) & joey kramer (drummer) was having a hissy fit with Steve tyler pretty much the whole show.
Unbelievably, Shed Seven supported & they were pretty good.

George Benson at the MEN. Didn't speak to the audience once, ended with Broadway and then fucked off without a goodbye or kiss my arse.

My genuine answer would be Girls Aloud. They came to our university for the end of year ball, shouted four songs and then fucked off. Completely upstaged by Barry from Eastenders.

I would say New order probably about the time of blue Monday release they were pathetic after seeing literally hundreds of bands over the years the only one I've walked out of.

Saw Van Morrison shortly after that, he was unbelievable incredible blues gig. I went to see him again after it, you swore the whole audience had rode his wife he was fucking hateful. Genuinely was spiteful towards the audience!!!
A good mate of mine is a massive Van Morrison fan, and I'm a fan as well, although I've never seen him live.
He went to a gig of his, and said the first 15 minutes or so were great, then he suddenly turned into a right ****,
telling the audience to shut up at certain points, and after each song was threatening to walk off. It continued with a
terrible atmosphere in the theatre, and he eventually just walked off stage.
I've heard similar tales such as yours, although an outstanding musician, Morrison is apparently, one horrible human
being.

Rod Stewart at the SEC Glasgow. Mrs S wanted to see him. Me and thousands of middle aged weegie femmes singing ‘do ya fink am sexy’ (I wasn’t singing). Impossible to get a taxi afterwards, women brawling in the taxi queue, Glasgow on a Friday night.....

Slightly different slant but worst weather I've had at an outdoor gig was at Gateshead International Stadium in (I think) 1992. Completely open air (apart from the small VIP covered seats) and it hammered down all day. It was cold too, but Rod Stewart, Status Quo & Joe Cocker all rocked the place. Fair play to them all - they really put on a show for us freezing wet punters.

I would say New order probably about the time of blue Monday release they were pathetic after seeing literally hundreds of bands over the years the only one I've walked out of.

Read that so much about them. Did they used to get off their heads, or did they fall out or what? Hard to explain it if some nights they were really good...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.