Self-employed & Coronavirus

DWP staff are facing unprecedented levels at the moment, so please bear with them. The self employment gateway appointment was always booked for 40-50 minutes under normal circumstances because entitlement was always different according to individual scenarios of the nature and status of the business.
What was obviously apparent (and I said this over a week ago on another thread) is that help for self employed needed to be addressed in a different way considering the urgency.
DWP staff are doing their best but we can only adhere to Government policy at any given time.

Directors of small Ltd Companies are definitely going to slip through the cracks here :-(

As a self employed joiner the thought ov navigating the benefits system is frightening.if only the pubs were open I could nip in and get advice off someone living off the system who manage to frequent these places everyday

You should have asked them when no doubt you were in the pub every Friday early as my experience of the self employed in the building trade showed.

Unless you were only one in the country who abstained

You should have asked them when no doubt you were in the pub every Friday early as my experience of the self employed in the building trade showed.

Love a drink on Friday afternoon after work, meeting with my self employed mates, we usually discuss where we are grafting on Saturday morning.

Already confusion over what security on a loan can lenders ask for. If the borrower's business can't recover, apparently the lender would have to chase the borrower for security (e.g. van, property other than principal home) before the government will cover the lender's loss. And lenders must first assess whether the business is viable (I'm not sure whether that means viable ante-virus, or viable post-virus with the economy wrecked).

If they base payments on taxable earnings, the only good thing going forwards will be less tax avoidance by not declaring earnings and working for cash.

Well if the goverment make it clear that we cant leave the house they would know
Not if somebody runs an online business, where income may have been lost, or reduced, or maybe even increased, that’s part of the problem with any blanket policy. Anyway I had a look at UC yesterday just in case then had to verify my id on the post office site, was in a queue of 22800, was at 15000 when I went to bed. So will wait and see what he says today before trying that again.

Don't drink.

If this is true, then it’s absolute bullshit. Why on earth do the self-employed have to wait until the end of May to get help?! How are people expected to live until then with no income?

If this is true, then it’s absolute bullshit. Why on earth do the self-employed have to wait until the end of May to get help?! How are people expected to live until then with no income?

If true, it really doesn't surprise me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.