COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
you've been on this tack for a couple of days now mate. you are barking up the wrong tree.
If you really need something to get worked up about how about blaming the chinese government for their initial secrecy and the WHO for being complicit. That's something to get your teeth into. Saying the virus is man made is about as credible as saying it was planted by aliens.
Not sure about your alien idea... when did you ever see an alien use hand sanitiser? ET is always pointing his finger about and never uses social distancing!

you've been on this tack for a couple of days now mate. you are barking up the wrong tree.
If you really need something to get worked up about how about blaming the chinese government for their initial secrecy and the WHO for being complicit. That's something to get your teeth into. Saying the virus is man made is about as credible as saying it was planted by aliens.

I do believe in aliens

‘These figures do not cover a full 24 hour period’

It looks like yesterday’s numbers are from 1pm on the 24th to 9am on the 25th which would explain the lower than expected deaths total. Although it still could have been a drop even up to 1pm.

Could be quite a high number today if they do 9am yesterday to 1pm today.

It's a journalist with a theory.

The "findings" have not been proven beyond doubt.

I don't believe it, a high security BSL4
lab located in close proximity to the origin is pretty damning.

Despite that it's here, it's present and it's dangerous.
That’s the same nonsense that was spouted when some thought the Russians weren’t responsible for the Salisbury novichok poisonings because to them it was damning that Porton Down was only a few miles away, never mind all the clear video evidence of the perpetrators.

What will it take to stop the crackpot theories? A confession from bat zero?

This recombination mechanism had already been described in coronaviruses, in particular to explain the origin of SARS-CoV. It is important to know that recombination results in a new virus potentially capable of infecting a new host species. For recombination to occur, the two divergent viruses must have infected the same organism simultaneously.

Two questions remain unanswered: in which organism did this recombination occur? (a bat, a pangolin or another species?) And above all, under what conditions did this recombination take place?

I always find it amusing when someone copies & pastes something from somewhere else in an attempt to make it look like they themselves are experts on the subject.

That’s the same nonsense that was spouted when some thought the Russians weren’t responsible for the Salisbury novichok poisonings because to them it was damning that Porton Down was only a few miles away, never mind all the clear video evidence of the perpetrators.

What will it take to stop the crackpot theories? A confession from bat zero?

Provide me with credible evidence as to the true root cause and origin then please and i will accept with grace and apologise.

Whilst talking about self-serving, let's see what a certain poster said about our NHS last year:
I'm prompted to ask this after my daring to question junior doctors in another thread, and the general outrage such comments cause. It wasn't particularly bad this time, but generally, if anyone makes any negative comments about the NHS, they are treated like they've fucked the pope.

What is it that causes such reaction? Is it because the NHS employs SO many people that nearly everyone has a family member or friend or neighbour who works for them?

Any suggestion that the NHS could be improved by some change or other, is pounced upon. And god help anyone who suggests - shock horror - maybe the private sector could do some of the work!?! You'd be rounded up and shot if some had their way.

If the service the NHS gave was amazing, it would be easier to understand. But the waiting times are terrible, the availability of leading edge treatments and facilities "patchy" to downright poor. And the clinical outcomes for things like cancer, woeful. In short, it's pretty poor to be honest.

People who work there are all "angels" or "heros" or whatever. Despite the fact they *chose* to go into the profession and they get paid for doing so. They weren't press-ganged into it. But dare to suggest that some nurses are lazy sods for whom picking up crap off the floor or doing some other actually important task, is beneath them.

You go up to the average nursing station on the average ward and 3 or 4 of them will blank you for 10 minutes. If any shop treated you like that, you'd walk out. But when the NHS does it, they are marvellous.

Why no such love-in for the chemical engineering industry? How about passionately sticking up for airport security staff who do such an amazing job preventing those nasty terrorists?

Nope, the NHS is rank average at best, and the sooner people can stop romanticising and face up to the fact, the sooner we can start thinking about how we can get a better health service for all of us.
He wanted a better health service, trying to score points over this using hindsight is a cunts trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.