Worst bands or solo artist you have seen live

Always wanted to see Deacon Blue but never got round to it anyone see them live

On the same note — and this goes back an awfully long way — did anyway on here ever see Family, and Roger Chapman, in their pomp? The one band from my youth (along with Hendrix) that I deeply regret never having seen. I heard tell that they were mesmerising. And Chapman was a prime weirdo, and no mistake.

Slipknot, December 2008, Metro Arena Newcastle.

Can't remember what was so bad about it, but I left pretty early into their set.

One of only 3 concerts I've ever walked out of, and the others were because I was too pissed.

Slipknot are just a heavy metal pantomime act. The best metal band I ever saw were Napalm Death.

On the same note — and this goes back an awfully long way — did anyway on here ever see Family, and Roger Chapman, in their pomp? The one band from my youth (along with Hendrix) that I deeply regret never having seen. I heard tell that they were mesmerising. And Chapman was a prime weirdo, and no mistake.

No, closest I got was hearing a Roger Chapman live album which I remember being pretty good

A good mate of mine is a massive Van Morrison fan, and I'm a fan as well, although I've never seen him live.
He went to a gig of his, and said the first 15 minutes or so were great, then he suddenly turned into a right ****,
telling the audience to shut up at certain points, and after each song was threatening to walk off. It continued with a
terrible atmosphere in the theatre, and he eventually just walked off stage.
I've heard similar tales such as yours, although an outstanding musician, Morrison is apparently, one horrible human
being.

Van the Man is a rum fucker. I've never been a big fan but went to see maybe three years back at the O2 on freebie ticket and because he was co-headlining (oddly) with the mighty Jeff Beck. Anyway, Van and his band were very good.

I saw Aerosmith at Manchester arena on the nine lives tour, would’ve been about ‘97, I had the same feeling, they didn’t seem interested, didn’t really connect with the audience (place was absolutely packed) & joey kramer (drummer) was having a hissy fit with Steve tyler pretty much the whole show.
Unbelievably, Shed Seven supported & they were pretty good.

Aerosmith are one of my favourite bands. Rocks is one of the best albums I have that wasn't recorded by Led Zep or Van Halen and I got that on release. I have seen them several times and most of the gigs would go down as a bit disappointing. Part of the problem being that they don't just play the "old shit" (1970's stuff) as Tyler calls it (he doesn't mean it is shit). I can't stand the big movie ballads.

Anyhow, last time I saw them was at Hyde Park and it cam after a couple of days of watching Glastonbury on the TV. I vividly remember when Tyler and Perry walkied out onto the stage, now those are real rock stars. That was a good gig. Saw Tyler do a solo gig in London in 2018 and he was brilliant; he was also in very fine voice at the recent Peter Green Tribute gig I attended. So I am hoping for a knock-out performance if it happens when they next play here; it had better be good: I left it to a friend to get the tickets and he opted for the Golden Circle so that was a dent in the wallet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.