TV Series

I’ve watched both, but whilst I watch Picard as soon as it comes out, I’m struggling to get through Discovery

'Discovery' is timeline based, picking and unpicking strands, which is why it seems convoluted.

'Picard' is convoluted by nature of shoehorning improbable personality functions of 'Data' into his offspring.

I don't know how far you're into the programme, so won't add!

Series one of True Detective is brilliant. Don’t bother with series 2.
Series 3 is ok.

Completely forgot there was a third series. How does this stack up against the other two (one especially). I didn't actually mind Season 2 but nowhere near the first...which is up their with the best TV made.

Completely forgot there was a third series. How does this stack up against the other two (one especially). I didn't actually mind Season 2 but nowhere near the first...which is up their with the best TV made.

Season 1 >>> Season 3 >> Season 2, IMHO

All down to the writing - Season 1 was never going to be topped simply due to how perfectly crafted the story was & impeccably delivered by a cast with impressive chemistry

Season 1 was pretty sublime. I'll try and dig out Season 3 - where's it usually residing?
Just started Ozark and immediately hooked (sure it probably hasn't got the depth of True Detective) but it looks and sound polished.

Really?

I've it the most pedestrian thing! It's a blend of 'Star Trek' in its poorest form and 'Deep Space Nine'!

I find it struggling in its convoluted explanation of storytelling and moves the needle exactly zero in why it's been added to the 'Star Trek' universe!

As much as I like the 'Picard' character, what is his use?

And 'Star Trek: Discovery' got slaughtered...

All about the girl and his quest to find her in short. Loved Discovery too

'Discovery' is timeline based, picking and unpicking strands, which is why it seems convoluted.

'Picard' is convoluted by nature of shoehorning improbable personality functions of 'Data' into his offspring.

I don't know how far you're into the programme, so won't add!
I’m up to date with it mate.
I understand the timeline with Discovery, I just don’t like the characters, the obvious placing of certain people and the liberties taken with the future. I enjoyed the first series until the parallel universe and just don’t feel it’s recovered.
However I do like a bit of Jean Luc so maybe I’m watching through rose tinted glasses

I’m up to date with it mate.
I understand the timeline with Discovery, I just don’t like the characters, the obvious placing of certain people and the liberties taken with the future. I enjoyed the first series until the parallel universe and just don’t feel it’s recovered.
However I do like a bit of Jean Luc so maybe I’m watching through rose tinted glasses

I will agree with some of that.

You could tell the writing changed as per the online opinions.

I thought it was a terrible idea to allow fans to interject with the writing for the show.

I still liked the idea of the parallel universe and I agree it wasn't executed as well as it could have been.

Still, expanding the universe is a must with 'Star Trek', I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.