Would you give up the Carabao Cup

As far as I know there arent any rules governing this situation. Nothing that says that if a season is voided then any competitions that are completed count. I expect the FA and/or PL will make a pronouncement. If not, it will be whatever consensus is reached in the media as to whether any trophies won, goal scoring records etc count.

Although it’s probably academic as I don’t think the season will be voided

I would have thought that a competition could be voided, but not a season. Or, to be more precise, a competition that extends over an entire season can be voided. I fail to see how a competition that was completed within the season can be voided. Just saying…

They won the Champions League last season and I’m over that. It was an awful match tbh.
I was pissed while I watched it and I’ve never seen the highlights, so in my mind it never happened. Much like the 2019/20 season, right?

I was pissed while I watched it and I’ve never seen the highlights, so in my mind it never happened. Much like the 2019/20 season, right?
No you should watch it as it culminated their fantastic season in Europe which was:

P13 W8 D1 L4 F 24 A 12

Sorry but I was bored and didn't realise just how jammy they were to be anywhere near the final!

Not that it matters but

Some bookies have already started to refund all.season long bets today e.g. top.scorer league winners. Obviously this suites some people with losing bets but not people with teams like Liverpool. Am sure they wouldn't be doing this unless they know something . Looks like season is going to be void.

Also this notion of not finishing the season but giving it Liverpool because they are top/favouartes is farcical .

We're favourites for fa cup and champs league does that mean we get them two?

Or looked at negatively. Famously, Leicester City F.C. were 5000 to 1 against winning the Premier League at the start of of the 2015-16 season. That is, they were mountainously not favourites. Even at Christmas they were heavily not favourites. We know what the outcome was in May. The question of being favourites or not favourites is completely immaterial. You don't win a trophy — ever — by being favourite or not favourite for it. You win it by winning it. End of story.

No you should watch it as it culminated their fantastic season in Europe which was:

P13 W8 D1 L4 F 24 A 12

Sorry but I was bored and didn't realise just how jammy they were to be anywhere near the final!
They were indeed jammy. Barcelona (dozy fuckers) thinking they could sleepwalk through the second leg at 'ist'ree field.

That being said, I'd gladly take some of that jamminess for City to get there this season.

Sorry but why would the Carabo Cup have to be voided if other competition fixtures cannot be completed ?

The competition ran its full course and was concluded by City beating Villa in the final game . So the corona virus issue didn't arise until after the completion of the competition.

The FA cup, PL and EC fair enough to void , if they cannot be completed.

But why a competition which was fully completed ?

We had it on in the pub on the big screen but the place was sparsely populated. It’s a West Ham area so nobody likes Spurs and there’s not much love for Scousers either.

It was a terrible match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.