Self-employed & Coronavirus

@Barcon are you self employed mate? What's your situation looking like? Are you gonna claim this 2k a month once it pops up?
I am mate and I'm not working. No idea when I'll be going back either. What's all this 2k you speak of? So far, I'm not aware of construction workers getting anything other than the shaft.
If I'm entitled to anything I'll give it a shot.

Maybe a silly question but is this likely to apply to directors of their own companies as well as sole traders, etc? Or are directors deemed to be covered by the business and employee support measures already announced?

At the moment directors of small limited companies appear to be falling between 2 stools (this is an issue close to my heart)

As a director you're classed for tax purposes as an office holder rather than an employee, so even though you are PAYE you are (according to my accountant, and I will challenge this at some point) you are not covered by the PAYE deal as you are not an employee.

Similarly you are not self-employed as currently defined.

Another group who seem to have little support so far are people working via umbrella companies. Admittedly i'm less knowledgeable on this but a friend works this way and he's been told he's not eligible for the PAYE payments, and again he's not self employed in the true sense. As I say i'm not fully clued up on this, so if anyone has better information I'd be delighted to hear it

I'm claiming fuck all off the government but i have negotiated a rent freeze on my shop which will do for me. Not earning a penny but spending very little as well so i'll be fine.
This is more or less where I'm at with the claiming owt back, it looks by the time I've pissed about trying to get it I don't think it'll be worth it and I recon there will be other soles out there in need of it more than me, so I'm not going to start clogging phone lines etc
so good luck to those who get it and need it

This is more or less where I'm at with the claiming owt back, it looks by the time I've pissed about trying to get it I don't think it'll be worth it and I recon there will be other soles out there in need of it more than me, so I'm not going to start clogging phone lines etc
so good luck to those who get it and need it
I'm in the same boat, not that I think our government will ever come up with a workable financial package anyway

I'm in the same boat, not that I think our government will ever come up with a workable financial package anyway
I think on both sides of the Atlantic the self employed are going to be the ones who are going to have to prop up our economies, for us this side we will see what today brings

A mate just rang, he says that they are doing nothing for the black economy. "Its as if we didn't exist" he implored. Cannot even get on Bury market to sell his home goods. E bay dried up, and two mouths to feed. Poor sod.

At the moment directors of small limited companies appear to be falling between 2 stools (this is an issue close to my heart)

As a director you're classed for tax purposes as an office holder rather than an employee, so even though you are PAYE you are (according to my accountant, and I will challenge this at some point) you are not covered by the PAYE deal as you are not an employee.

Similarly you are not self-employed as currently defined.

Yep :(

The ICAEW say you can't furlough yourself as a Director. Therefore, no 80% of wages paid by the Government.

Lots of my clients are getting absolutely no help whatsoever.

They are fucked.

As I might be too :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.