Worst bands or solo artist you have seen live

Gillan at the Manchester Apollo probably in the 80's, shockingly bad
Blue Oyster Cult around the same time, same venue, even worse
Blossoms at the Stockport Plaza, hometown gig, totally disinterested, no crowd interaction at all, not really my thing musically, went with mates who like them, so I wasn't expecting much and still came away bitterly disappointed.

Aerosmith are one of my favourite bands. Rocks is one of the best albums I have that wasn't recorded by Led Zep or Van Halen and I got that on release. I have seen them several times and most of the gigs would go down as a bit disappointing. Part of the problem being that they don't just play the "old shit" (1970's stuff) as Tyler calls it (he doesn't mean it is shit). I can't stand the big movie ballads.

Anyhow, last time I saw them was at Hyde Park and it cam after a couple of days of watching Glastonbury on the TV. I vividly remember when Tyler and Perry walkied out onto the stage, now those are real rock stars. That was a good gig. Saw Tyler do a solo gig in London in 2018 and he was brilliant; he was also in very fine voice at the recent Peter Green Tribute gig I attended. So I am hoping for a knock-out performance if it happens when they next play here; it had better be good: I left it to a friend to get the tickets and he opted for the Golden Circle so that was a dent in the wallet.

They were rumoured (or even confirmed?) to be on before McCartney at Glastonbury this year.
Obviously not happening now, but to see them there would’ve been very special & I think they would’ve knocked it out of the park.

Festivals give you a chance to see artists who you normally would not pay to see.
Have seen tens of artists at a Hungarian festival (Sziget) where a lot of the audience have no idea of the band's music.
Some work their socks off to impress such as the Manics, Madness, Vaccines, Blossoms, Kasabian and Pulp. Many of the American acts are professional as well.
But some artists just can't be arsed and have no rapport with the audience e.g. Lily Allen, Kings of Leon, Jake Bugg, Ellie Goulding, Roisin Murphy.
The most arrogant dick I've seen at a festival though is Terry Hall of The Specials. The other band members gave their all, but temperamental Terry was arrogant with almost a disdain for the crowd...
He was never the same after he got rid of Lenny the Lion.

Def Leppard at Download Festival a few years back. Said how much it meant for them to be back at Donnington, then proceeded to give a very wooden, corporate gig feeling performance. Love that band too.

Disturbed at the GMex a decade or so back, his voice was shot and he couldn't do it.

A band called Pretty Boy Floyd last year, still trying to live the 80s life and came on stage so messed up he couldn't sing his own songs.

I'm a big fan of REM, however i found out recently that michael stipe is a big fan of morrissey and from that point i think less of them. I can see how they would be shit on stage. Great band though, some class songs in there.

I have seen REM live 5 times and they have been fantastic every single time, so guess I was lucky.

The 95 tour was Monster and that album was a huge shift away from their previous stuff, I have to wonder if people were just stunned at the different style?

As for my worst experience, it was Placebo, a band I love and have all of their stuff but had never seen live, went to the O2 at Glasgow and they came out and pretty much played the new album track for track and slotted in 4 or 5 big hits but having got the live dvds particularly Paris where they were electric in performance in front of Wembley sized crowds, singing in front of 3k in Scotland was obviously beneath them, I was gutted, they didn't sing or play badly it just looked like it was the worlds biggest chore and they could have been in a million better places and tbh they could have been.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.