Self Isolation: Time to Learn New Skills...?

Didn't Al Murray once describe the Welsh language as ' code '. Been here over 5 years and only picked a three words..makes us both smile when clients and locals try and talk to me in Welsh and i just reply aimlessly in English....Oh yes !!

On the bus to Aarhus Airport in Denmark, two lads switched from Welsh to English to speak to me. They were from Caernarfon.

I find the Gogs tend to speak Welsh to each other and speak English to new faces. Even at the Welsh language schools, about half of the classes are taught in English and there’s real emphasis on fluent bilingual.

I'm catching up on my family history. Trying to make sense of all the Grace families in Dublin in the 1800s. Feel like kicking someone's head in.lol

On the bus to Aarhus Airport in Denmark, two lads switched from Welsh to English to speak to me. They were from Caernarfon.

I find the Gogs tend to speak Welsh to each other and speak English to new faces. Even at the Welsh language schools, about half of the classes are taught in English and there’s real emphasis on fluent bilingual.

This where I missed the boat so to speak. In my next life I'm coming back as a printer. All the paperwork has both languages on it, twice as much paper, twice as much ink....winner winner.

The desire in Wales was always bilingual but I’d guesstimate that just one in ten are first language Welsh with maybe another 10% being fluent in English and Welsh.

I’d go all around South Wales for sport and English was almost always spoken. Gwynedd and Anglesey are more Welsh speaking enclaves but schools insist on using both in curriculum.

didnt get that that far,when i pulled my hands down her cheeks she just looked at me and laughed then told me fuck off
Lol. Well, I guess this takes practice. Might join you in this. Will report what I find.

Lol. Well, I guess this takes practice. Might join you in this. Will report what I find.
just tried again and for a split second i thought i had it,she slumped forward with her head on my shoulder then kneed me in the bollocks.
back to the drawing board

I'm in training to become an evangelical preacher and move to the US to make millions from those deluded cunts. I might get myself a plane and a hareem. If I get caught I blame Satan. Fucking perfect.

Trying to push 2 things-
Mentally: Spanish may be useful in my work but not sure overly where to start. Maybe Babbel.
Physically - skipping - starting very slowly and open to better rope suggestions.

always work mind and body

The desire in Wales was always bilingual but I’d guesstimate that just one in ten are first language Welsh with maybe another 10% being fluent in English and Welsh.
Can't get a job with the council unless you can speak 120 words in Welsh. That's so Welshist.
I’d go all around South Wales for sport and English was almost always spoken. Gwynedd and Anglesey are more Welsh speaking enclaves but schools insist on using both in curriculum.
Can't get a job with the council unless you can speak 120 words in Welsh. Welshists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.