COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to be the stay inside for 12 weeks people,i am sorry to hear your sister is not on it,it is worth calling your local supermarket and see if they can help,they can only say no
As for the other question,i am not sure there is a right answer,on the one hand if the 70 is really fit as a lot are these days as 70 is not really old anymore then i think they go out and be careful,i think that is better than the younger person going out and joining the scrum which is more likely to bring it back
Shops seem to have sorted out keeping people apart better now which will benefit everyonr
My sister's 71 and she's normally buzzing around here and there still looking after her 3 married kids (all over 35!) and their families, I never know where she gets the energy from. She's sticking to the distancing rules but I think she'll be stir crazy in a week or two.

Personally, I think cultural differences play a big part in it. Lots of families live together in Italy, their greetings are a lot more personal and a lot of them convene more often at mass gatherings, like churches.

I agree with that and in Spain. But there are those on here who pick the worse country and shout from the rooftops we are two weeks behind Italy, two weeks behind Italy we are all going to die !!!!! Regularly.

My sister's 71 and she's normally buzzing around here and there still looking after her 3 married kids (all over 35!) and their families, I never know where she gets the energy from. She's sticking to the distancing rules but I think she'll be stir crazy in a week or two.
I might be wrong but i think someone like that should be able to go and get food on their own,if she is healthy ,the distancing rules are the hard bit,just been reading about those dying from it have to die alone and on the other end of nature women having to give birth on their own,it is mad,still can't quite get my head around it

Seems like the UK are doing alright number-wise in comparison to other large nations. Stay safe Folks!

The story in Europe seems to be that Italy had a big early hit and thay are suffering as a result and the rest of Europe adopted the measures required on the back of what happened in Italy. Spain seems to be worse than the rest but if you factor in population size the rest are all fairly equal.

The notable on this graph is the US who are not doing the right things and you can only imagine where that will go.

Some Asian countries who are doing very well. If you look at the measures that they took and what China ended up doing and where China got to. The question is will western countries be able to respond in the same manner as South Korea.

ET9OI5KXQAgiMMV

so why is it then
I don't know. But just because I am not an expert on Italian nor Spanish epidemiology, does not mean "we got it right". It's perhaps to do with where the outbreak started, the demographics infected, their social norms - we don't go around hugging each other like they do in other countries for example? I really have no idea.

Personally, I think cultural differences play a big part in it. Lots of families live together in Italy, their greetings are a lot more personal and a lot of them convene more often at mass gatherings, like churches.
The habit / ritual of multi family visits to parents / grandparents on sundays did not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.