COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks

That was my impression.

I’ll not name the 2 companies who have chosen this route, but if you look across the hospitality and hotel sector there are 3 main companies who occupy market share.

1 has decided to top up, the other 2 have said fuck you your are temp laid off and the government will pay you.

Some sectors of industry across the UK are coming out of this with a real shit stain.

Process and money before people.
I’ve had the “fuck you” off my company im down to the 80% off the gov for however long it takes, but hey ho plenty of people in a worse situation, everybody stay in & stay safe

I agree with your last 2 sentences.

That said, even paying 20% for some companies would be a bankrupting burden, so I don't think it is fair to tar them all with that brush.

Which is why I said the 2/4 main companies across the this sector who are collectively worth billions.

The middle to lower sector are going to feel this and with those following the government path, I get. Totally.

Question.

If a large PLC decides to top up the outstanding 20% of wages outside the government pay scheme, does that mean they can’t then claim the other 80% of the government and end up paying the full 100%?

Ive has this raised to me by a few working in the hospitality sector. I’ll not name the companies but they are big ones in the sector.

Essentially they have executed the furlough process, a round about way of lay off, to secure the long term sustainability of the business, and pay staff via the government pay scheme.
Isn’t the 80% the Govt pay net? Therefore it should be more or less the same as the net pay those workers receive through PAYE anyway?

The 2 said companies in this are preaching a false message to their employees. They are filtering down through from the round table telling their employees that they can’t top up because they’d have to pay the 100%.

Its bollocks.

Some real politics coming through across some big industries in the uk right now and they don’t look so good.
Yep some people and businesses are not coming out of this crisis well,big ones i mean,not small companies

I do wonder how long it will be before the govn start taking drastic action to force people back to work. I hope we're not in for a lack of supply for essential services and goods because people are off sick or at risk
You seem to want it both ways. Nobody working equals no supplies.

Also, the government don’t need to “force” people back to work. Just stop the support measures and let things take their natural course.

They’ve gone out of their way to do this thing by consent so your comments appear a bit churlish.

also I don’t know this for a fact but I am just guessing as they are so family orientated that when a lockdown was threatened instinctively they thought get all the family together so we can look after each other.

instinctively in a family centric society that’s the obvious thing to do but actually it is the worst thing to do.
We are in the campo but yes there was a family meeting to decide how they looked after the older folk but now in lockdown no family visits for Julia.
Daily help from home help and daughter across the ramble where the farm is but visits simply stopped at least from kids and most cars.
Incidentally we live in SE Spain outside Huércal-Overa in Almeria (Andalucia) and our local hospital is treating 4 cases of CV all from way outside our town with zero deaths but we are still on full lockdown and is obeyed by all without question.
Spread is controlled by cars limited to driver only and roadblocks on Andalucia borders to prevent 2nd home Madrid etc. prime home people entering.

Isn’t the 80% the Govt pay net? Therefore it should be more or less the same as the net pay those workers receive through PAYE anyway?

That depends if the companies pay first I would think. There is still a lack of clarity around when this pay scheme will land, so the companies I’m talking about are actually paying this 80% before the package kicks in and they can claim. Pre that, they are subject to the usual HMRC channels and deductions.

To be fair, I get that bit. It means their employees don’t have to wait for pay but at the same time means they ultimately don’t top up.

My beef is with those at the top of this sector, who could, but have chosen not to, top up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.