Self-employed & Coronavirus

I have to disagree with this as it’s all about lifestyle, people who earn more and have done so for a period of time usually have the outgoings to match. This hasn’t happened in over a century, in fact even then business didn’t stop like this. It’s totally unprecedented and you can’t have a go at people for being comfortable on their earnings when something like this comes along and means they can’t afford it.
Most who ends up needing benefits have a hard luck story,i had my own business for about 8yrs,a nice business that paid the bills,i went out of the door one morning and ended up disabled by the end of the day,i had to let my business go and go on benefits,my point is however you get there it is a massive shock,what you did before doesn't matter,it is not fucking fair,i just hope it changes the culture of hate that dave started off,as i have always said it can happen to anyone,anytime,it might just be the levellor society needs

my heart breaks for everyone in this situation,i know how you feel

I have to disagree with this as it’s all about lifestyle, people who earn more and have done so for a period of time usually have the outgoings to match. This hasn’t happened in over a century, in fact even then business didn’t stop like this. It’s totally unprecedented and you can’t have a go at people for being comfortable on their earnings when something like this comes along and means they can’t afford it.

There are people who abuse the system and those who fall on hard times through no fault of their own.

I as someone who has worked and contributed get lumped in the with the former. People need to stop generalizing about people on benefits. Does my nut in.

To the people in this thread, I hope you get it sorted. Sincerely.

I'm been self employed for the last 5yrs and how do I go about claiming the monthly payment? Sorry just not clued up in all of this!
Wait for HMRC to contact you to tell you that you can claim and how. Then you’ll get a 3 month lump sum , June probably.

Unveiling the measures at a Downing Street news conference, the chancellor said the scheme was open to anyone with trading profits of up to £50,000.

makes no sense. If you earn £49,999 you get a government grant of 2k a month. If you earn 50,001 you get nix.

makes no sense. If you earn £49,999 you get a government grant of 2k a month. If you earn 50,001 you get nix.
Life isn't fair sometimes,they have to put a number on it though

Chairman of Federation of Small Businesses, Mike Cherry, tells Sky News he "applauds" the scheme and "very, very much welcome this

The government has published full details of the self-employed scheme on its website

Sunak: Self-employed workers who are eligible would get 3 months pay in one go in June when scheme up and running.

Sunak: Govt will pay self-employed a taxable grant of 80% of their average monthly profits over last 3 years - up to £2,500 a month.

Tax officials will contact those who are eligible

Nada. Zilch. Nothing.

It's going to be a difficult few months.

Bugger
1f641.png

Life isn't fair sometimes,they have to put a number on it though

Chairman of Federation of Small Businesses, Mike Cherry, tells Sky News he "applauds" the scheme and "very, very much welcome this

The government has published full details of the self-employed scheme on its website

Sunak: Self-employed workers who are eligible would get 3 months pay in one go in June when scheme up and running.

Sunak: Govt will pay self-employed a taxable grant of 80% of their average monthly profits over last 3 years - up to £2,500 a month.

Tax officials will contact those who are eligible
80% taxable , so I have 3 months to scrounge about for money ...meanwhile my lovely neighbours who have never paid a penny into the system get their regular couple of grand paid into their bank accounts this week ...maybe I should ask them for a loan ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.