Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Mike Ashley , the epitome of a football club owner, from money grabbing Sports Direct staying open , price hiking popular indoor sports lines , Darts Board , weights skipping ropes ( he's been trying to offload this shit stock for years , couldn't believe his luck eh) to processing next years season ticket sales from his clubs loyal fans , most of which will be out of work, facing financial hardship and struggling for a crust. What an absolute sheister scum bucket dick head. Lets hope people have long memories

Bad day for my local team Jersey Bulls who have won 27 out of 27 and pay houndreds of pounds to pay for other teams to come play in Jersey.

There were promoted weeks again due to the record they have but the season today as been made void and null now looking like not being promoted.

Many of the players in the team have had trials at professional teams but yet to make the cut, this was meant to be the stepping stone for players but now looking like it could be in jeopardy

Premier League footballers are likely to accept wage deferrals as clubs look to ward off financial problems caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Clubs are expected to adopt the measures as a collective instead of taking unilateral action

@guardian_sport

TV companies could show ALL Saturday 3pm fixtures as part of an emergency coronavirus plan. Sky and BT Sport could put games "behind the red button" for existing subscribers, if the Premier League is forced into weeks of playing fixtures behind closed doors

Broadcasters could do it to help prevent supporters turning up en masse at stadiums to try and watch games, even if they are locked out. Discussions are still at an exploratory stage and it remains to be seen whether it could work and get approval

@MirrorFootball

The mirror have bee really pushing this

It just needs the EFL to find the bottle to cancel their season, that would put real pressure on the FA to scrap the season in its entirety. I read some nonsense in the BBC article about Liverpool possibly suing the FA if that happened, on what fucking grounds seeing as they're not mathematically champions?

I think I read yesterday that it was 2 weeks since our game against arsenal was called of, only two weeks ago if feels like two months. The longer this goes on it becomes more ridiculous to try to restart this season on so many fronts. The league is meant to be played over 8/9 months , if we end up with a 5 month gap, in my eyes its not the same season. I am guessing the only people who want the gap no matter how long is the Liverpool loving press and media and fans. Do players who are retiring at the end of the season want to wait enough 6 months ? Do players that have contracts that finish in June want to extend ? Do managers that might be moving on want to stay another 6 months ? What happens to the summer transfer window is that scraped so clubs finish the season with the 25 players they have now ? Null n void is right on so many fronts

this season never happen if it means handing back the league cup so be it. Summer transfer window goes ahead as normal, players contracts finish as normal , every one gets ready to go again when every the new season starts.

Who are we handing it back to? it was ours already :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.