Those working from home

Are you actually doing any or just logging on to the works system and then refreshing every so often.

I will be honest I am doing stuff but after about and hr I lack any will and put the laptop to one side and do something elsen returning sporadically through the day.

Probably doing 50% of my normal shift hrs

I work in IT and your IT will know you're doing that - be careful :)

There's no hiding from any decent IT Dept. They'll know what you're doing, when and for how long.

Had a constructive day yesterday and Tuesday.
Today's dragging a bit though. Slowed down quite a lot today work wise, and emails are coming in very very slowly now, a lot of my clients are schools.

Just applied to three Tesco stores for some extra weekend work to keep me occupied with no football on.

I work in IT and your IT will know you're doing that - be careful :)

There's no hiding from any decent IT Dept. They'll know what you're doing, when and for how long.

Yeah as I said our works records when you are online, offline, active and inactive

Are you actually doing any or just logging on to the works system and then refreshing every so often.

I will be honest I am doing stuff but after about and hr I lack any will and put the laptop to one side and do something elsen returning sporadically through the day.

I'm doing at least as much work at home as I would in the office, which is plenty. I am used to working from home.

I think I should have pointed out in my OP that as a caterer most of my work in on the shop floor with only an hr or two in an actual office so am limited to menu planning, events calandars, budgets and staff training planning.

I am looking at at least another 6 weeks WFH so worry I may not have enough desk based work to cover that period.

Of course I am lucky that my employer is paying all staff while off and understands that somenstaff cannot work from home but won't punish them for that.

It's gone the opposite for me and doing a lot more, as well as trying to balance three kids all fighting over our home pc to get their school work done.

I think it's the lack of physical meetings, which at work would create the natural break of going away from a laptop and speaking to people for a bit. Instead, everyone is emailing constantly or pinging messages so it's feeling non stop. The work day seems to have elongated out quite a bit too. I work for a pharmacy retailer and work wise it's very manic right now anyway though.

I feel your pain.

I work in the procurement team for a care home company and everything has gone mental with requests for PPE and chemicals which currently are like rocking horse shit.

Plus i have 4 kids ( 2 mine plus niece and nephew keeping away from grandparenst) that need feeding, schooling and stopping from killing each other.

Also, my wife works in the NHS, so she's doing as many hours as possible.

Felt very stressed today.

Our projects have dried up while this is going on so can't lie, mainly doing the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.