Those working from home

I've now worked 3 full shifts from home on a small screen laptop, at the office I normally have 4 big screens to work on, there's stuff I currently can't do due to security issues, though our BC plan if we can't work in the office sends me somewhere that has exactly the same security as WFH.

Its easier in the office on the big screens to work, but its no big issue on the laptop once you adapt, in fact the last 2 shifts, I've ended up cooking dinner from scratch for two mid shift (rather than microwave for 1 for 3 minutes), sitting for an hour in the sun on the balcony, and still ended up waiting to complete some of the work as its time dependant.

The best bits though, I'm "home from work" about 20 seconds after I finish, and I can enjoy a glass of wine whilst WFH.

I've also probably been more in touch with all my colleagues than if I was actually in the office, as daft as that might seem.

I've now worked 3 full shifts from home on a small screen laptop, at the office I normally have 4 big screens to work on, there's stuff I currently can't do due to security issues, though our BC plan if we can't work in the office sends me somewhere that has exactly the same security as WFH.

Its easier in the office on the big screens to work, but its no big issue on the laptop once you adapt, in fact the last 2 shifts, I've ended up cooking dinner from scratch for two mid shift (rather than microwave for 1 for 3 minutes), sitting for an hour in the sun on the balcony, and still ended up waiting to complete some of the work as its time dependant.

The best bits though, I'm "home from work" about 20 seconds after I finish, and I can enjoy a glass of wine whilst WFH.

I've also probably been more in touch with all my colleagues than if I was actually in the office, as daft as that might seem.
When we started this they gave us two displays each to take home.
We are now all unemployed and they kindly said we can keep the displays. lol............

Not going to lie my work has been great.
1. We were one of the first to close the office 5th March.
2. Flexi time to get essentials
3. £460 benefit to buy WFH stuff like desks, chairs etc
4. If myself or a dependent gets sick - 4 weeks full pay.

Just took a job working from home (not started yet)... I can't wait if I'm honest... I will miss the banter but the benefits on paper far outweigh the "negatives". Just got to get through the 4-8 weeks training at Salford Royal that I'm not looking forward to but it's a small price to pay.

I stepped up to supervise/manage a department just as the pandemic hit and I've been stressed to fuck ever since, to the point where it's affecting my health & family life.

Still staying in the NHS but dropping a band and I think the majority of the difference in pay will be saved in fuel costs. No more having to work shifts that I can't find cover for, and no more phone calls at night/weekends when the shits hitting the fan...bliss

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.