Worst bands or solo artist you have seen live

Kings of Leon, 2 hours of my life il never get back, like watching city on a bad day under Alan Ball

I saw them at t in the park before they were famous and they were shit, we were moving back out of the crowd to find something else to listen to when Molly's Chambers started, what a difference to the shite they had been playing but alas it didn't last long and of we went.

The Proclaimers were very good in front of a pissed up Scottish crowd.

Same here for Prefab Sprout. Should have made an effort see when at their peak.

Well you've definitely missed out on that one. Wendy Smith is now teaching, somewhere in the north-east, I believe. And Paddy McAloon has had some terrible disease for a number of years. I don't fully understand what it is, but it's affected both his eyesight and hearing massively.

A good mate of mine is a massive Van Morrison fan, and I'm a fan as well, although I've never seen him live.
He went to a gig of his, and said the first 15 minutes or so were great, then he suddenly turned into a right ****,
telling the audience to shut up at certain points, and after each song was threatening to walk off. It continued with a
terrible atmosphere in the theatre, and he eventually just walked off stage.
I've heard similar tales such as yours, although an outstanding musician, Morrison is apparently, one horrible human
being.

Yep, in the gig I was at he fucked two women out of it for coming in late, disgraceful like proper bullying. He also then seemed to be hugely pissed off at people singing any of his songs. As you described it, the atmosphere was poisonous because of it.

Heard mixed stories about him, meant to be incredibly generous (financially) but can be unbelievably grumpy and cutting.

Re. the above, I've heard — too many times for it not to be true — a similar thing about the jazz pianist Keith Jarrett. He absolutely hates people taking photos with flashes (which I can understand, to be fair) or people making bootleg recordings of his concerts on their mobiles (also understandable). He has often threatened to walk off the stage, and has done it.
But he seems to be an utter, complete dickhead in other respects. I knew someone who went to a concert of his in Paris, and for the first fifteen minutes he made the most unholy row, while his accompanying musicians of many years(Gary Peacock, Jack DeJohnette) just stood around talking to each other. They'd obviously seen this before. His aim was clearly, you've got to really want to listen to me, so first I'm going to put you through this, and then if you've survived, you've earned the right to be at my concert. Staggeringly arrogant. Unfortunately, the guy told me that the concert that followed was one of the most brilliant things he'd ever heard. Two hours of pure generosity. So what do you do?

Yep, in the gig I was at he fucked two women out of it for coming in late, disgraceful like proper bullying. He also then seemed to be hugely pissed off at people singing any of his songs. As you described it, the atmosphere was poisonous because of it.

Heard mixed stories about him, meant to be incredibly generous (financially) but can be unbelievably grumpy and cutting.

Fuck, just found out that he was knighted in 2016! Just doesn't square with my image of the guy… Astral Weeks is still one of the greatest albums ever made. Don't think I'd go to see him, though.

Saw him along with Bob Dylan, they were touring together.
Both shit I'm afraid.

Van the Man is a rum fucker. I've never been a big fan but went to see maybe three years back at the O2 on freebie ticket and because he was co-headlining (oddly) with the mighty Jeff Beck. Anyway, Van and his band were very good.
Jeff Beck, now you're talking.

Reactions: OB1
Fuck, just found out that he was knighted in 2016! Just doesn't square with my image of the guy… Astral Weeks is still one of the greatest albums ever made. Don't think I'd go to see him, though.
Yep, it's a great album, but don't bother going to see him, you'd be wasting your money if the nasty twat
is in a bad mood, it's just not worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.