COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter works in a private care home she told me this broke my heart, when I asked how her day had been
They have a floor for end of life residents they were all in tears as they couldn't see their loved ones, visitors in tears and they didn't understand why no one was coming, she was having to think up excuses why they couldn't say their goodbyes.
Her first job that day was cleaning human waste out of an old dears teeth who has decided to start eating it.
For mothers day they had a window to push them too so they could wave and smile at their families,
Truly heart breaking stuff and on minimum wage for a 22 year old I believe £7.70 same as mcdonalds probably

She should be on triple the wages, it's a nations shame that they aren't paid more. I acted as an advocate for a family when they had a meeting in a care home regarding the treatment their relative was getting, it's incredible how forgotten about these people are even their doctors distance themselves from them at their end of life.

Your daughter has my thanks bud.

Birmingham has been consistently quiet all week. Walked the mile or so into town alone yesterday, mid-afternoon, as my exercise, and it was about as busy with pedestrians as when I make the same journey at 5am to get the first train to Euston in ‘normal’ times, possibly marginally busier. Not quite ‘I am Legend’, but still discernibly quiet. Only a smattering of cars on the road. The trams and buses were running though, although mainly empty. Only a couple of bargain basement takeaways (Pepe’s, Dixy Chicken) were open, all the others I saw were shut. The mini-supermarkets I saw (Tesco x2 and Sainsbury’s ) were observing social distancing far more rigorously than the previous week. Every other retail operation was shut. Some of the usual homeless were dotted around on their familiar spots. Didn’t see anyone walking in pairs or more. I would say, based on what I saw, that the government advice was being pretty strictly adhered to.
Yesterday I drove a train into Central London that normally carries a thousand commuters but there were only fifty-three on it and that was at 07:31.
Two hours later I brought in just twenty-one.
So yes, I'd say people are responding.

Yesterday I drove a train into Central London that normally carries a thousand commuters but there were only fifty-three on it and that was at 07:31.
Two hours later I brought in just twenty-one.
So yes, I'd say people are responding.

Cheers for that.
They've closed my local tube station, so I don't see the town. The area I'm in is very quiet at around lunchtime when I've been out, barely anyone out on foot or in cars.

I wouldn't know where to start, don't know how people manage to clap, whoop and film it at the same time.
Don't get me wrong, I admire the sentiment, but filming it and putting it on your social media stream seems a bit wanky, as if some people are doing it for the adulation of others.

meanwhile the vacuous virtue signallers will be first in the queues again this morning to strip the shops bare of stock so there is nothing left for key workers at the end of their shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.