Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Calls to complete the season are totally inappropriate. So are calls demanding that the season be voided now, they’re equally as distasteful.

No decisions should be made until we’re over the worst of the pandemic and it becomes clearer when football might resume.

Until there is a vaccine this pandemic will still be there! because the over 70’s and the vulnerable are at high risk

No decisions should be made until we’re over the worst of the pandemic and it becomes clearer when football might resume.

disagree why wait 6,7,8,9 months to make a decision ? When this pandemic is over football should be in a position to restart not than start thinking should it null n void, should we start again that to me is football all over ….put head in the sand …..no make a decision now , if you have to wait till 12 months before starting we know how its going to restart.

null n void only way !

I don't get this view that by playing premier league football behind closed doors would lift the county's spirit. What a load of bollocks how would seeing a group of men being made to be away from the family in a time of a pandemic, kicking a ball around in an empty 60,000 seater stadium. TV would have to turn the sound of because every 'F' word would be heard, the sight of a professional football climbing up into the stadium to get the ball back would be daft. Plus the final 1/4 of the league season would be played under a completely different environment, football is about the crowd the atmosphere. Playing in an empty stadium is foreign to the players and to the integrity of the league. All our medical staff are need to save lives but the premier league are going to take some ( st johns ) to be at a football match. I for one dont want be watching any match played behind closed doors, its not football. To me I think its a national disgrace that the premier league, the press and media are pushing for this it leaves a real bad taste in my mouth.

footballers are human beings ( well most ! )

If we want to raise the countrys spirits stand at your door/window at 8pm on Thursday and clap , the thought of playing football in a pandemic makes me feel sick and embarrassed

Last edited:
I don't get this view that by playing premier league football behind closed doors would lift the county's spirit. What a load of bollocks how would seeing a group of men being made to be away from the family in a time of a pandemic, kicking a ball around in an empty 60,000 seater stadium. TV would have to turn the sound of because every 'F' word would be heard, the sight of a professional football climbing up into the stadium to get the ball back would be daft. Plus the final 1/4 of the league season would be played under a completely different environment, football is about the crowd the atmosphere. Playing in an empty stadium is foreign to the players and to the integrity of the league. All our medical staff are need to save lives but the premier league are going to take some ( st johns ) to be at a football match. I for one dont want be watching any match played behind closed doors, its not football. To me I think its a national disgrace that the premier league, the press and media are pushing for this it leaves a real bad taste in my mouth.

footballers are human beings ( well most ! )

If we want to raise the countrys spirits stand at your door/window at 8pm on Thursday , the thought of playing football in a pandemic makes me feel sick and embarrassed

Greed overrides principles and logic in the football world .

It just needs the EFL to find the bottle to cancel their season, that would put real pressure on the FA to scrap the season in its entirety. I read some nonsense in the BBC article about Liverpool possibly suing the FA if that happened, on what fucking grounds seeing as they're not mathematically champions?

It means more?

Greed overrides principles and logic in the football world .

I get that but the press and media should be turning on the premier for even trying to think that football will lift spirits and should be played in closed stadiums. I haven't heard any other sport saying they want to finish or play behind closed doors. Have the crickets clubs come out and said this season will be played behind doors ? I am really missing the spring classics in cycling put no one is saying they could do the race on turbo trainers !!

Open up one stadium have all 20 teams in there, two teams play and the rest of the teams and staff sit in the stands watching, bring down the premiere league execs and sit them in the middle of them. Once one match is finished another should start, with those sweaty heavy breathing players sitting next to those execs, rinse and repeat, let’s see how long that lasts.

Reminds me of a five a side tournament when I played for Wilbraham Junior School at City’s old Platt Lane training ground. Got my medal from Kenny Clements. Lost it behind the gas fire.

I find myself thinking regardless of when it gets back, whether it’s cancelled or not, whether we are banned or not, I think I’m finally through with football.
I’d love to see us win this battle and bring the whole thing down, but even with Covid thrown in, I don’t see that being the final outcome.
As much as I love City and will still watch our games, I just can’t find myself having a vested emotional attachment to football if we continue playing their corrupt tournaments in their present forms.
That goes for domestic, European, and FIFA as things stand.

Football and the TV vested interests, in these worrying times are showing themselves up for what they are.
I think I can live without it quite comfortably.

Same here, dude.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.