Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Its becoming more and more embarrassing now that the season hasn't been declared null and void. I also can't see the season starting again until October at the earliest.

Vested interests, my friend. I’ll put my tin foil hat on and say: this season was rigged so that Liverpool would win the league.

I think the plan was to get Liverpool as far clear as possible to demoralise City than when Liverpool hit the wall they had enough points in the bag. Its worth remembering that this 2019/20 season has been the most corrupt season in history with VAR being their new tool to screw us.

I don’t see anything wrong with the FA and PL exploring their options behind the scenes. If anything, it should ensure that all of the reasons why football cannot resume are fully understood. They have a responsibility to their members, players, fans and other stakeholders to be doing the work.

But they should shut up about it. They should make a simple statement that football will not resume until it is safe to do so, and that no decisions will be made until it is clearer when that will be.

Agree with all of that mate. Balanced and appropriate.

Its becoming more and more embarrassing now that the season hasn't been declared null and void. I also can't see the season starting again until October at the earliest.

I think it’s who blinks first between the premier league and the tv companies. Once they cancel it Sky,Bt etc will be wanting cash they paid for games that never got played.

disagree why wait 6,7,8,9 months to make a decision ? When this pandemic is over football should be in a position to restart not than start thinking should it null n void, should we start again that to me is football all over ….put head in the sand …..no make a decision now , if you have to wait till 12 months before starting we know how its going to restart.

null n void only way !

Before football can restart there’s going to be a preseason. Quite a lengthy one if players haven’t played competitively for the best part of the year. Plenty of time to make decisions.

I don't get this view that by playing premier league football behind closed doors would lift the county's spirit. What a load of bollocks how would seeing a group of men being made to be away from the family in a time of a pandemic, kicking a ball around in an empty 60,000 seater stadium. TV would have to turn the sound of because every 'F' word would be heard, the sight of a professional football climbing up into the stadium to get the ball back would be daft. Plus the final 1/4 of the league season would be played under a completely different environment, football is about the crowd the atmosphere. Playing in an empty stadium is foreign to the players and to the integrity of the league. All our medical staff are need to save lives but the premier league are going to take some ( st johns ) to be at a football match. I for one dont want be watching any match played behind closed doors, its not football. To me I think its a national disgrace that the premier league, the press and media are pushing for this it leaves a real bad taste in my mouth.

footballers are human beings ( well most ! )

If we want to raise the countrys spirits stand at your door/window at 8pm on Thursday and clap , the thought of playing football in a pandemic makes me feel sick and embarrassed

I’m not entirely unsympathetic to your point of view, but presumably you think the Wartime League was a bad idea as well?

Before football can restart there’s going to be a preseason. Quite a lengthy one if players haven’t played competitively for the best part of the year. Plenty of time to make decisions.
so we have a preseason as normal and as preseason is taking place the fa decided what to do ! Really ? the fa have had say8, 9, 10,11, 12 months of doing nothing , keeping football fans in the dark , than when preseason starts the fa get round to making a decision. Is it any wonder people are falling out of football !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.