COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, so yesterday we he had our first day with over 100 deaths and today we are nearing 200 in a single day.

If this doesn't hit home to people then nothing will.

We're going to see 500+ death days before the end of the 3 week lockdown even if it's a massive success.

I have to say though, this has really put into perspective wars for me though - We're all sitting here rightfully shocked at 180 deaths in a day and worrying about how many we'll lose tomorrow - In WW2 we lost that many soldiers on average every single day for 5 years.

Or imagine waking up and hearing 19,200 had died in one day at the Somme.

At the moment we are still working and keeping to the 2 metre rule, it is a concern though the number of times i walk around a corner and nearly bump into someone coming the opposite direction.

The 4 who died without underlying conditions were aged between 82 and 91.

The "underlying conditions" line is not particularly reassuring I think.

I mean seriously, who does *not* have something or other wrong with them at some point. Half the population are overweight or either Type 2 diabetic or on the road to it. How many people have high blood pressure? Or drink too much and maybe their liver isn't in tip-top condition? Not to mention the countless numbers with immune system issues for whatever reason.

As an overweight, high blood pressure, near diabetic old person who drinks far too much, I am strangely un-reassured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.