Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I’m not entirely unsympathetic to your point of view, but presumably you think the Wartime League was a bad idea as well?
different set of circumstances , apples and pears wartime league vs Corona Virus, Public wanted a distraction during wartime , as indeed they went to pubs, dancing etc , if played today just think the reaction would be horrendous if this plague wasn't over. An outside bet would be that the season resumes in February 2021 , and Liverpool get crowned champions over 2 seasons !

I know a Liverpool fan and I’ve had many a chat in the shop for the last 4 years or so. He’s a very decent bloke. I bumped into him the other day and the first thing he said to me was that ‘we are never going to win the league!’

It really tickled me but I said I thought they would get it given to them, as the season could now end up impacting on next season, and no one wants that.

I actually believe this but he is 100% certain that the season will be voided. It was clear anything I said wouldn’t change his mind so I told him that all the City and United fans at my work have planned a night out, when it’s possible, to celebrate Liverpool not winning the Premier League!

Not sure he’ll want to talk to me again!

Completing the 2019/20 season behind closed doors is still the “majority view” within both the Premier League and EFL. It is also seen as the most viable current solution to the effect the COVID-19 crisis has had on football

There has even been a shift among the PFA for this, especially as basic boredom sets in, and many players go from being concerned about their health to just wanting to play

Some clubs are again pushing to have the current Premier League season expunged

@IndyFootball
Oh well when you put it like that, if the players are bored let's get the season back on then. The global pandemic will have to take a back seat whilst we conclude more important matters like who qualifies for next season's Europa League.

I think it’s who blinks first between the premier league and the tv companies. Once they cancel it Sky,Bt etc will be wanting cash they paid for games that never got played.
This.
At approximately £8,000,000 paid per game televised, and maybe 30+ games still to go, £250,000,000+ is the size of the pot in this game of Hold 'em.

different set of circumstances , apples and pears wartime league vs Corona Virus, Public wanted a distraction during wartime , as indeed they went to pubs, dancing etc , if played today just think the reaction would be horrendous if this plague wasn't over. An outside bet would be that the season resumes in February 2021 , and Liverpool get crowned champions over 2 seasons !

It’s all about opinions, but if this thing were to look like lasting anything like as long, I don’t think the fruit would taste that different.

The legal ramifications of voiding leagues will be felt throughout the chain, not just by the Premier league teams.
Indeed it’s far more important for some of the lower leagues than the premier league clubs who are rolling in cash.

All about money nothing else the greedy bastards, ok so we play games behind closed doors and a few players catch the virus unbeknown to them they then pass that to there parents and unfortunately someone dies from it, is that a price worth paying just to say well we finished the premier season. Footballers have families just like us all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.