UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading that Wolves fans are not happy their club is apparently one of the clubs inolved.
Would be very disappointed if we were one of the clubs, makes no sense for us to be involved. Firstly as a club we have had other clubs sending letters to both efl and pl begging them to investigate our finances and our owners, so would be surprised if we had been involved in doing the same thing. I don’t see any reason for us or Burnley for that matter to be involved, this smells like the usual clubs protecting their own interest.
Secondly we have nothing to gain from this, if we were to compete in champions league it would be because we earned it by coming 4th or winning the EL not at the expense of another team.

Would be very disappointed if we were one of the clubs, makes no sense for us to be involved. Firstly as a club we have had other clubs sending letters to both efl and pl begging them to investigate our finances and our owners, so would be surprised if we had been involved in doing the same thing. I don’t see any reason for us or Burnley for that matter to be involved, this smells like the usual clubs protecting their own interest.
Secondly we have nothing to gain from this, if we were to compete in champions league it would be because we earned it by coming 4th or winning the EL not at the expense of another team.

Ah, but you are looking at it from a sporting perspective. Remember Wigan voted for FFP in the PL and Reading abstained thus ensuring that it scraped through. What was in it for them ?

If this is true, the answer I'm sure, lies in the horse-trading going on in the background which wevwill never be a party to.

You see this a lot these days when words have certain meanings in law and are then used in other fields because there is no other word does not help that people get law and regulations/ rules of different bodies confused and bring in there own outside bias.

Similar confusions happened around Brexit
Money laundering means money laundering.

All this is correct. Any matchgoers would say Liverpool were amongst the most violent fans in the country at the time along with Chelsea, Leeds, and United. But, just like now, there was a media myth perpetuated about the so-called "sporting Kop" and suggestions that somehow their fans were "more knowledgeable" about the game. They were just as bad as United fans but, to be fair, United's hooligan fans were lambasted by the press. Liverpool got a free pass (until Heysel anyway)
I was in the Kop paddock (keeping my head down) when Joe Corrigan was felled by a bottle. Most of their fans cheered and laughed but afterwards on TV and in the press the narrative was all about the sporting Liverpool fans pointing out the culprit to police. It was bollocks of course, just part of the ongoing myth.

Yes - David Coleman began the wonderful scousers trying to identify the culprit, told us what a pleasure it was to watch football on Merseyside and never mentioned Joe ... or that we won 3-1.

He was saying that the Abu Dhabi companies bar Etihad basically changed the date of payment and increased the amount of the sponsorship they paid us after we sacked Mancini because the pay off to him would mean we failed FFP

Also how closely related is the sheik related to these companies the guy said something along the lines of he was chairmen of one and his brother was connected to another how important is this

Aren't I correct in believing that Juve increased their sponsorship deal with a subsidiary of Fiat so that they could afford the Ronaldo transfer?

We should never forget, if reports are true, the eight who are trying to shaft us. Their directors etc shouldn’t be invited into the boardroom, etc we should treat them all with the contempt they deserve.

Its mind boggling that these directors would have the brass neck to turn up at our place with them knowing we know what they have been up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.