Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Well I have to be honest I haven't missed the football one bit.
I'm probably like a lot of others who are totally fed up. Fed up with the attacks on our club, fed up with UEFA, fed up with the prem and the whole game.

In the past few weeks since CV19 has happened its shown me how awful parts of our uk society is and this is mirrored by the prems approach to finish the season no matter what.

I dont think I'll renew and I'm seriously contemplating not watching football ever again. I've had enough.

I feel like you towards football, I will always (for now ) watch City , I havent really watch anyone else for years .

Joint statement from the Premier League, EFL and PFA:

The Premier League, EFL and PFA met today and discussed the growing seriousness of the COVID-19 pandemic.

It was stressed that the thoughts of all three organisations continue to be with everyone affected by the virus.

The Premier League, EFL and PFA agreed that difficult decisions will have to be taken in order to mitigate the economic impact of the current suspension of professional football in England and agreed to work together to arrive at shared solutions.

The leagues will not recommence until 30 April at the earliest. They will only do so when it is safe and conditions allow.

Further meetings will take place next week with a view to formulating a joint plan to deal with the difficult circumstances facing the leagues, their clubs, players, staff and fans.

Joint statement from the Premier League, EFL and PFA:

The Premier League, EFL and PFA met today and discussed the growing seriousness of the COVID-19 pandemic.

It was stressed that the thoughts of all three organisations continue to be with everyone affected by the virus.

The Premier League, EFL and PFA agreed that difficult decisions will have to be taken in order to mitigate the economic impact of the current suspension of professional football in England and agreed to work together to arrive at shared solutions.

The leagues will not recommence until 30 April at the earliest. They will only do so when it is safe and conditions allow.

Further meetings will take place next week with a view to formulating a joint plan to deal with the difficult circumstances facing the leagues, their clubs, players, staff and fans.

The highlighted part is interesting.
I don't know,they still mention recommence,i think they will still try for that for the prem,difficult decisions for the teams/players at the bottom of the prem and the championship etc is what i think that means

I've said it before and I still feel the same. Whilst hard to take for some,ending the season early is the most sensible thing to do. Clubs gamble to get promotion, spend and hope, if they end up in the same division then they must have mitigation plans for that. This is a crisis, they need to enact those plans and if it just means they are where they were 9 moths ago, it's not so bad.

Keep the stats, the games were official. Any TV money, prize money etc, still unpaid, goes into a fund to help clubs play debts and players.

It's more fair than allowing promotion and relegation as is, games in hand or not. For those a few wins clear and hopping for silverware, yes very cruel but that's just what it is. This crisis doesn't do kind, we'd all take where we were a few months back, fit and healthy and able to look forward to a match.

As for the clubs grumbling they weren't consulted in lower leagues, what good would it do? Months of arguing and threats, the game and society right now doesn't need that.

Nope, they're still in full on denial mode. Some are happy if they just play the 2 games and then cancel it with no idea of what happens with relegation & promotional (or indeed care). One of the bright sparks thinks if they do cancel the lot then UEFA will award them a new CL trophy as the holders automatically get it (it's in their rules apparently).

Edit: I'm going to go and sanitise my eyes now, they feel soiled.
On that basis, do we get to retain the Premier League and FA Cup titles, so we can claim a double quadruple?

Seems only fair.

No way should we be playing any games behind closed doors or whatever. Our emergency services have plenty to keep them busy without getting involved in football and all the idiots who would be out on the streets throwing beer cans around no doubt.
We are in the midst of a global emergency and to talk of such things is just obscene. Friends of mine have just lost lost their daughter to this terrible virus, she was in her 50s and had no underlying conditions. We have no idea how long this will go on, its truly frightening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.