The Boxing thread

you only need look at the Whyte fiasco of late to show the ineptitude!
I thought Whyte was treated unfairly there, unless how UKAD and the WBC handled it is what you mean by inept? All his tests came back clean in the end, wasn't he also on VADA for the same fight? Who found absolutely nothing, which should have been a call to reserve judgement. Yet he was vilified as a cheat based on a leak and they robbed him of a well earned title shot.

There was nobody more worthy at a shot at the WBC belt(certainly not Fury, with his warm up fights) but they allowed Wilder, yet again, to freeze out a dangerous opponent. That was more about Wilder being able to pick his mandatories(which is why I laugh when people mention successful defences) thanks to the WBC. Also, when did this belt suddenly become the most important one? They are the worst one for allowing the A-side stuff. Wilder wanted a shot at a rusty out of shape Fury over Whyte and it backfired, much like an over the hill, untested Ortiz nearly backfired on him.

Last edited:
I thought Whyte was treated unfairly there, unless how UKAD and the WBC handled it is what you mean by inept? All his tests came back clean in the end, wasn't he also on VADA for the same fight? Who found absolutely nothing, which should have been a call to reserve judgement. Yet he was vilified as a cheat based on a leak and they robbed him of a well earned title shot.

There was nobody more worthy at a shot at the WBC belt(certainly not Fury, with his warm up fights) but they allowed Wilder, yet again, to freeze out a dangerous opponent. That was more about Wilder being able to pick his mandatories(which is why I laugh when people mention successful defences) thanks to the WBC. Also, when did this belt suddenly become the most important one? They are the worst one for allowing the A-side stuff. Wilder wanted a shot at a rusty out of shape Fury over Whyte and it backfired, much like an over the hill, untested Ortiz nearly backfired on him.

It is my exact point, ineptitude of handling, which makes this no different...

Whyte was vilified, a lot like fury, for previous misgivings, however, as you know testing positive previously.... there’s an agenda behind a lot of this which is why you’ll see a lot following the route fury has taken... incidentally, Whyte, once given his chance in the states won’t look back, they’ll love his character!

Whyte is a tough boxer but wouldn’t beat Fury, Wilder or Joshua now. If it was football then he’d be the club scrapping for that final Champions League spot. Heavyweight is a great division at the moment.

If boxing sorts its fucking head out it is the one sport that could recover really well from this current situation. With all these shows that have been cancelled and with hundreds of fighters going a long time without fighting they could just stack shows week after week. It might also give promoters and fighters the kick up the arse they all need to just get fights on and take the money whilst it's there because you never know when a second or third wave might come and mess it all up again.

Whyte is a tough boxer but wouldn’t beat Fury, Wilder or Joshua now. If it was football then he’d be the club scrapping for that final Champions League spot. Heavyweight is a great division at the moment.
I think he could beat Wilder.

Dont see Whyte having enough to beat Fury but AJ & Wilder are debatable given their recent fights. All about the mind set. Thought the Josh fight was to early for Dillian, he offers more than any other fighter against Wilder apart from Fury if it happened. On the negative side he got dropped against Parker and gassed late on, also put down by a heavy handed Rivas. Both fights he went on to win. Parker isn't the best but had not been down before. Maybe AJ would of done the buisness earlier with Parker but the ref was poor and never gave it a chance to develop. If Wilder lands dont see Dillian getting up, not the first but still brings more to the party. Del boy will vouch for that, the kid can still bang. Maybe he doesn't beat either but deserves his shot.

BJS has so much previous in his career for stuff like this. It’s a shame as he’s a real talent and looks excellent under Ingle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.