COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what will run out in the shops in a few weeks? I bet it'll be something that we wont realise is critical till it's gone, e.g. condoms so loads of babies to be conceived or washing up liquid so we are all washing cups with just water and end up with the shits (lucky those who stocked up on bogrolls) or batteries so our remotes won't work on our TVs and we'll be forced to have conversations. Some things surely are not being made or shipped now and once stocks run out we'll all be in a panic.

Any idea what will run out in the shops in a few weeks? I bet it'll be something that we wont realise is critical till it's gone, e.g. condoms so loads of babies to be conceived or washing up liquid so we are all washing cups with just water and end up with the shits (lucky those who stocked up on bogrolls) or batteries so our remotes won't work on our TVs and we'll be forced to have conversations. Some things surely are not being made or shipped now and once stocks run out we'll all be in a panic.

The 'main' Condom factory (in Malaysia I think it is) is actually closed because of CV.

Not sure where the rest of you are at, but I’m out of here for a while.
If your interested I’ll keep you updated on where we are in ireland but not convinced anyone cares.

I just filled up two of my remotes with new batteries; my last AAAs, and I can cannibalise them down the line too, if needs must (I’ve done it before, I’m basically a slovenly **** at times) - but thanks for the heads up. I’ll buy some spares when I’m next at the supermarket. That’s one thing you don’t want to run out of: juice.

Haven’t bought any washing-up liquid for ages: I used to eat out or Deliveroo, 13 nights a fortnight, and have a dishwasher - however, I took one of a number of communal bottles from work, as it was closing down the other day. If that runs out before this ends I think we’re fucked, as I basically put everything I possibly can through the dishwasher. It could break down, of course. That would be a fucking disaster btw! Worse than running out of beer!

Straight out for batteries in a few hours good thinking

I can remember a few weeks ago chatting to a mate about this and all I was getting was "Its just like Flu" it will be gone in a few weeks, them weeks pass by and over 9000 people have died in Italy and many thousands more across the world, I doubt any of us on this Forum will ever live through something of this scale again, it's nothing like the Flu this Virus can spread rapidly in massive numbers its truly frightening. Got to give massive credit to the NHS on the front line especially when a lot of them haven't even got access to the correct PPE!! My daughters Mum (My Ex) is on the front line and it sounds like a bad dream to put it lightly. It's exhausting just keeping up with the news at the moment and without the NHS, shop workers, delivery drivers, etc etc it would be unmanageable so a lot of praise for these people because without them we'd be fucked.
We may well never see anything like this again, but it may never go away. That’s the problem nobody knows how it’s going to end

Not sure really where say this and I'm very respectful of what's going on and I understand its completely irrelevant In the grand scheme of things but im just really missing seeing city play
Me too. There’s nothing wrong with it either. You wouldn’t be human if you didn’t miss something you loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.