COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frightening how quick its moving

Confirmed cases are partly rising due to more extensive testing, but there was 60% rise in deaths yesterday. Their deaths more than tripled in just 4 days, from 550 to 1700. That is indeed frightening.

the only place I have ever heard any of this is on here.
What’s your source?
Several as I know a few people there. The below is from an ex-girlfriend from long long ago who posted this on Thursday from Shanghai where she works as a teacher with her husband:

MuGf2aQ.jpg

If you don’t know anyone over there, where are you expecting to hear it Dennis?

There are plenty of media sources reporting similar. Do you doubt they are that fastidious about their lock down? Do you think my friend is lying?

Last edited:
Does “testing positive” mean a positive test for either having it or having had it; or, live cases?

If it’s the former, the positive case numbers don’t really mean too much in relation to how they’re portrayed as a day-to-day comparison. Positive tests will just show a greater percentage of the population have it or have had it at some point.

If it’s the latter, well, we’re all fucked!

A positive test means that you are positive for the virus ( this isnt the antibody tests) - not sure what the distinction you have made between ‘having it’ and ‘live cases’ is?

my understanding is that these are new cases which have manifested themselves after the lockdown period commenced which was almost 3 weeks ago. I’m trying to workout what the lockdown infection rate is and why or how it could be so high, however, the data I have on how long after showing symptoms you can still test positive is sketchy.

WHO says on average between 2-10 days incubation period.

Several as I know a few people there. The below is from an ex-girlfriend from long long ago who posted this on Thursday from Shanghai where she works as a teacher with her husband:

MuGf2aQ.jpg

If you don’t know anyone over there, where are you expecting to hear it Dennis?

There are plenty of media sources reporting similar. Do you doubt they are that fastidious about their lock down? Do you think my friend is lying?
Which one’s your friend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.