Your favourite months of the year

June - open air music and comedy festivals in Ealing

April - cherry blossom time - shaking it down for my girls, it's like warm pink snow, plus seeing family for Easter.

July and August - height of Summer.

May - warming up and lookinh fwd to the potential ofbthe Summer to come.

May.

Blossom trees flowering, sun getting warmer and it feels like summer is finally here after a long winter. Add in a couple of long weekends, what’s not to like?

I think of seasons or the time of year more than months.

And I love them all.

I love the Spring because that’s when I usually shred some fat in the gym, leave out shit from my diet and tend to feel more healthy and positive. Trips to Wembley happen at this time and the climax to the footy season. It’s my birthday. The blossom of trees, the birds tweeting, the warmer weather, the shorts come out of the wardrobe...

I love the Summer because the footy season has finished and it’s a more peaceful time where I have more spare cash. It’s a harder time in work because that’s when my busy, longer working days and more practical side of my job comes in but that’s rewarding when it’s finished with some decent time off. The days spent day taking the rays when it’s hot. Beer gardens, nighttime bbq/garden parties. The purple bloom of heather.

I love the Autumn because the footy season has got back underway. It’s my admin season in work where I can sit at my desk more and listen to music while I work, plus I can work regales hours. The orange and red leaves on the trees. The decent colder-weather clobber comes out of the wardrobe.

I love the Winter because the footy season is at its busiest. The big winter coat, hat, scarf, gloves, boots all come out of the wardrobe. The build up to Christmas is great, Christmas is great. Some time off work. And the best days are when it snows... properly snows! Even sometimes getting an unexpected snow day off work!

June - Summer sunshine (hopefully!!) Light in the evenings and winter still seems an age away,

September - as has been said previously, Indian Summer, hazy sunshine.

Then, City 5 utd 1 in 89, Oasis at Lancashire Cricket Ground in 2002 (one of the best days of my life seeing City vs Blackburn, getting puddled after, taxi from The Lord Lyon to the gig just as they came onstage, then after back to Karma and Orange Grove in Fallowfield to have a drink with a very special friend......top day)

When I was a kid, it was October, November, December cos of my Birthday, Christmas, the footy season etc. but now I'm older, I need that sunsheeeiiiiinnne that Liam sings about!!

March because it is my birthday this month and April the clocks have gone forward, the days are getting longer and it is starting to warm up without being hot and sticky

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.