COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when Trump comes out with comments about re-opening the country it will be because behind the scenes in their taskforce they will have been having those discussions. I watch the UK press conferences and the US press conferences. The US press conferences are painfully long-winded but their scientists share information, and are transparent, or try to be. That's the way science operates and in this the US executive has to be guided by science, however maverick Trump maybe.
Unfortunately the US is guided by Fox News who is piling on the pressure to get people working and bring the economy back.

Had some food dropped yesterday, the guy dropped it on doorstep and backed away hands up, you’d of thought I had a gun pointed on him. Crazy times

Noticed quite a few people walking around on Chapman Street in Gorton this morning when heading home after walking the dog. Sadly, most seemed elderly. Now I get that some may have to go to the shops, etc, if they have nobody else to do it but I think there’s also an element of stubbornness amongst some (not all) of our elderly population, and it’s not just some of the younger ones who aren’t following the advice.

correct. So many elderly are being stubborn fuckers, attitude of ‘no ones telling me I can’t go out ‘ ... the burden these people are putting on the NHS is unbelievable

Noticed quite a few people walking around on Chapman Street in Gorton this morning when heading home after walking the dog. Sadly, most seemed elderly. Now I get that some may have to go to the shops, etc, if they have nobody else to do it but I think there’s also an element of stubbornness amongst some (not all) of our elderly population, and it’s not just some of the younger ones who aren’t following the advice.
As the old lady said last week, "If you don't carry on, you've let the virus win..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.